“Another great family break at the Boyne Valley”

Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Another great family break at the Boyne Valley”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for a two day break at the Boyne Valley. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel, the food was great. We stayed in the River suite which provided great space for a family of five. Nice relaxing break for all the family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jolene W
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you all back in the near future.

Aogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saintfield
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Took a long weekend here, and arrived to Free Champers and a Rose on the table(wife thought I had planned it ALL for her).... Special 4 Course Meal @ 25Euro..great value, good food, lovely friendly staff. Very relaxed atmosphere...a wide variety of music in the background .....the dessert was a work of Art.....what more could you want?
The room was warm, clean and tidy, but not sure if the sheets were changed in 4 days??
Bar food, a pint and a meal for 10Euro was great value and enough choice, but it was just a little cold when it arrived...so it was eaten quickly. Lots of families ate in the Bar, but there wasn't much to keep them amused, could do with a games room of sorts.
The overall outside of the buildings could do with a clean up, but all in all we were happy with the overall package from a 3* Hotel. They don't advertise enough.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caesar D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken on board all your comments which are very constructive and helpful. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in the Boyne Valley Hotel with my 13 year old son during half term. We booked it as a Living Social deal £66 for two nights B&B. Bearing in mind the price we paid the accommodation was perfectly adequate, we had a nice twin room on the first floor which overlooked the gardens and river, the room was comfortable and the bathroom was fine. Tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, tv (limited channels) and nicely furnished. The breakfast consisted of a cold buffet table of cereals, fruit, yoghurts and juices and the cooked breakfast was ordered with the waiting staff. My only grumble was that there was no breakfast menu to order from. You just had to guess what they had on offer!
We made use of the gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi and tennis court while we were there which helped keep my son entertained and work off the cooked breakfast.
On the whole the hotel was satisfactory, for the price we paid. It is a lovely old house and with some updating could be really lovely.
We spent a morning at nearly Newgrange which was fascinating- well worth a visit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nicknlyn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about the lack of breakfast menu and I will address this immediately.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2013

just back from a weekend in the Boyne Valley Hotel and have to say the 2 couples had a great relaxing weekend. I had read some of the reviews of the hotel before i went and some of them had said that the rooms were cold but i found them to be lovely and cosy and very clean. Staff were so amazing and one of the barman( sorry i didnt get his name) but he was the guy in a black shirt on Saturday night at 6 was so friendly and helpful and deinitly a real Irish barman. Will definitly recomend this hotel to friends and family. Also try the Cafe Lemonade beside Tesco this is a little gem of a placre or Bru for dinner .

Room Tip: would have had a better night sleep if the pillows were better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adrienne1069
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our bar staff. I will ensure that these are passed on.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again in the near future.

Cavan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in hotel in January 13, booked because of pigsback offer, hotel is nice if in need of updating, rooms very good size, heat rattled at 6am to wake us up unfortunately. Breakfast was very good. corridors to bar and restaurant slighty chilly in early evening, but warmed up later on. Swimming pool and Gynm in grounds of hotel, only aboutn 1 minute from door to door but not great if its snowing or raining!!. No towels at pool reception, we were told to go back to the hotel to get some. Overall stay was ok, could be better.

Room Tip: try to get a room not near the front of hotel as people from the two housing estates in front of th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We provide towels for all our guests in the leisure centre. You should not have been asked to return to the hotel for one. I apologise sincerely for this.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,

Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We where at a Christmas party night just before Christmas and the food was terrible,
The Soup was coloured water and tasteless, the beef was tougher than boot leather and the veg you could play cricket with. The dessert was very bland and the coffee cold. Several other large tables had the same experience.
All in all a very poor reflection on what should be very simple to dish up. The bar food on previous experiences was very good but to serve food like this was well below the expected standard for this once fine place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your food at the Christmas party you attended. We had very positive feedback from all parties that attended our three nights and there was no negative comments about the food at all so I was extremely surprised to read your review.
I would really appreciate if you could contact me to discuss further.

Aogan

Travelers are raving about these Drogheda hotels

Dublin
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My first impression of the Boyne Valley was good the room we were given was large and clean with a spacious bathroom. However the service in the hotel was horrendous. The first night we decided to dine in the Boyne Valley the quality of the food was good and as a result we decided to order desert however my friends starter was served an hour before mine. The next morning when we went to breakfast we discovered that none of the tables were cleared and were covered in dirty food and cutlery the waitress explained that a staff member had phoned in sick however she failed to come back and clear off the table. The hotel also does not appear to have 24hr reception as we got stuck in the elevator for twenty minutes and no one heard the alarm bell so we were forced to shout for help. The hotel has great potential however the service really lets it down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amy077
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I would like to apologise for our shortcomings regarding the dinner service although your comments are slightly unclear. I would appreciate if you could take the time to contact me directly to clarify this. The service you experienced at breakfast time is unacceptable. Please be assured that I will be raising this with my food & beverage team.
Our reception is manned 24 hours a day however I agree that waiting 20 minutes in a lift is unacceptable. Please be assured that procedures are being put in place to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit your constructive review and I would be delighted to discuss your stay further should you contact me.

Aogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!