We arrived and had a generous welcome, but went down hill from there. We were on a package so our dinner was restricted. We could only pick from the 'deals' menu, we could not pick from the a la carte menu. Only 3 options per course....not enough if your picky! The restaurant was also closed so we had to eat in the bar. After we had showers the 1st evening, the towels were not replaced, and replacement shampoos were not provided. Also we booked out on the 2nd of august. On booking out we were using a best western travel card. When we gave in the card we were told that the hotel was no longer a best western since the 1st august. We had to go through head office to sort out payment. Overall the food was poor, and the service less than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western