Our group stayed at this hotel for a residential seminar. It was a pleasant surprise to drive down the avenue and park right outside. The beautiful grounds with mature trees & a stream are a great setting for wedding 'photos, very pleasant to stroll around, and many rooms look out on them.
We all liked our rooms, no one was more than one floor up, or far from the centre, there were comfortable beds, and the bathrooms were larger than average & well-stocked.
I found my room a little noisy until 1 am because of a wedding party on the first night. I raised this the next morning, and the staff were very pleasant, prompt & obliging, and moved me to a better one further up the corridor right there & then. I have to say that the wedding parties had their own party areas & bar and we hardly knew they were there otherwise, but for the white rose petals scattered about in one area of the bar one night, which was a lovely touch.
Our conference room was one floor up, very near the lift, exactly suited to our numbers, and when we broke for tea & coffee, there was a pleasant balcony overlooking the grounds right outside the room. The attached country club has a refreshing pool.
We had enjoyable meals in the Cellar restaurant, and were served good lunches in the conservatory off the bar, again in view of the sunny & peaceful grounds.
Cons: There was a long wait to be served at the bar, as only one young bartender was occasionally present on both nights. We arrived on Friday at 8 pm, had to order bar food by 9 pm. It is a limited menu, and on ordering Guinness, the guy had to leave (a queue) and fetch it from the other bar! Lounge service would have been better for a group.
Tip: if using the iron, you need to press a switch underneath the board to start it. You can make tea or coffee or decaf in your room, but no biscuits or fruit were supplied, far better to have breakfast! If we had needed to go into the centre of Drogheda, there were frequent buses from the hotel door.
We enjoyed our stay, and I would recommend it for weddings, groups and couples. The staff were really approachable & friendly & concerned that any (minor last-minute) change was made immediately to our satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western