“first and last time to go here went today for lunch.”

Harpers On The Quay
Ranked #42 of 110 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“first and last time to go here went today for lunch.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My first and last time to go here.went for lunch I was not happy at all.worst food l every and service wasn't any better.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ben r

Ireland
“How to handle a situation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Tell me what you would do if you owned the place:

A customer orders two drinks and two sides, in other words, not a lot.
The customer goes to pay, but says not for all of it, as there was a [insert name of foreign object] in one of the sides.
The customers is not complaining, but drawing you attention to it.
Would you:
a) insist on full payment,
b) just omit the price of the offending item from the bill, or
c) in the hope that the customer would return, not charge for anything?

In order to ensure that my venue remains popular, I would probably go for (c), and maybe further offer a voucher for two coffees. Anything else will just mean a lack of repeat business and the possibility the experience will be related to third parties.

Dublin, Ireland
“Surprisingly food lets it down a bit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Today we visited Drogheda for the first time. We walked past the town centre and couldn't spot a nice welcoming place on the way (I bet there are plenty though).Then te Harpers came to our view.Very bright, stylish and with nice atmosphere.While the food I ordered wasn't much to talk about (poorly seasoned veg soup and average vegetarian quiche),my partners bruschetta and chicken with baked potatoes were yummy and looked good. Then coffe and a glass of soft drink brought us to total damage of little under €30 which is a great price.Our server was very pleasant and attentive.What really caught my attention was the cleanliness of the restaurant.This place is one of the most spotless restaurants I've ever seen.Fair play to all the staff that keeps it this way!I'm not sure if we'll ever come back since the choice of places to eat in Drogheda is much bigger than I originally thought and my lunch didn't really blow me away but I won't say "never".

ireland
“Elegant Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Beautiful restaurant in very stylish surroundings offering excellent customer service in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Lovely bright restaurant with large windows. Serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Food is excellent as is the service. Highly recommend.

3 Thank vivienneplatten
DROGHEDA
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I loved the decor in this restaurant which is bright, modern and comfortable. The staff is very efficient and the food was lovely and good value for money. this restaurant is quite busy at lunch time so it is advisable to get in a little before one.

Visited March 2013