“Yay an excellent Italian pizza”
Review of La dolce vita drogheda - CLOSED

La dolce vita drogheda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Thursday 4th July 2013 at 6.30pm

Since John Carlo closed his door in La Pizzeria, I have been craving an authentic Italian pizza. I do love Sorrento's but did not want to go into town, and La Dolce Vita is close to where I live with ample free parking!
2 of us went.
We had not reserved a table and it was quiet enough. The manager (maybe owner?) was very pleasant without being "crawly", and we were seated with menus and drinks quickly.

I had the Italian style seafood salad and it was absolutely delicious! Would not suit everyone as there is a lot of squid/octopus in it and it is not doused in Mary-Rose sauce like most Irish people are used to. This has olive oil and lemon on it, and there was squid, mussels and prawns in it :)
My co-diner had the stuffed mushrooms in brandy cream sauce and loved them!

2 Pizzas - the thinnest, crispiest proper Italian base ever, a tasty tomato sauce and an abundance of toppings made this a truly great pizza!

We were too full for dessert or coffee :)

Well done Dolce Vita for bringing this side of town a really good Italian Restaurant.....I will be back!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant last Sunday and was extremley happy with both food,service and athmosphere. i had a Mixed Antipasta followed by Penne Arabiata whilst my other half ordered Bruschetta with Goats Cheese followed by Fillet Steak, washed down with beer for me and Housewine for herself. No Complaints all round waitress came around to make sure all was good as did the Owner who offered us a sambuca on the house.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decided to try this resturant couple of weeks ago ( wed 19th June )
when we arrived first thoughts were Lovely deco, but very quiet. Waitress plesasant, Downhill from there, we ordered white wine, was dropped to table and just poured, both starters were just ok, main courses were awful, we had to hand both back, I had ordered prawns & Pasta, could not eat the prawns as were really really tough, Sauce and pasta were tasteless even with a lot of black pepper and paramsan, other ladys dish was so hot she burned her mouth, we left after paying € 45 for starters and wine, not happy and still hungry !!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night was extremely disappointed waitress showed us to our table handed us menus and after about fifteen minutes she returned to take our order we ordered a bottle of wine which took ten minutes to arrive at the table she just poured the wine never asked if we would like to taste it first, my partner ordered the burger she never asked what way he would like it cooked, I ordered the bruschetta with goats cheese two tiny pieces of baguette arrived at the cost of €7.80 which I complained about so they sent out more, my partners burger was a far cry from the burger he got there the last time we dined in this restaurant not a good experience at all

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Extremely disappointed with this restaurant. Went with a large group recently (15) with 4 people happy with their food... the rest of the table were very disappointed. Food was not good, however the service was okay, but it was quiet. We had a variety of menu items such as rib eye steak (not good) pizza (good) stuffed mushrooms (terrible) cannelloni (terrible) penne a la vodka (okay) fillet steak (very good). Wine was decent, but pricey.. The restaurant is not run as it should be, customer service is very poor from both manager & owner, however the waitress on the night was very good. Unfortunately won't be returning, which is disappointing as the place itself is very nice... Sort it out Mr Owner or you won't be open very long...