“Wow!”

Cuisines: European, Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Okay, being honest, it doesn't look great from the outside, and waiting downstairs we thought we'd made a bad mistake. We were half thinking of leaving, and I'm very glad we didn't. We were shown upstairs to a nice table and ordered the mezze. BYO wine made it a cheap evening out, with the mezze for two being €38 in total. The tabbouleh was amazing, and of the three of us two didn't like tomatoes but loved the tabbouleh. I'll be making it from now on. We ordered two chicken kebabs and one lamb, but were brought two lamb and one chicken. The waiter apologised, but I said I'd eat the lamb as I didn't really mind. He left the lamb, but also got another chicken cooked for us. They'd also given us rice instead of potatoes, but again left the rice and brought us potatoes within a couple of minutes. It was very busy which is why, I presume, our order got mixed but we were the only ones who seemed to have a problem, and it was so well handled it wasn't an issue. The only thing disappointing about this restaurant is that we didn't try it before now.

2  Thank Notmyrealname32

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Organised my birthday meal for friends.
1st - I was able to book a table for 12 initially for 7pm. This was not a great time and 2 days beforehand I changed the time. Absolutely no problem.
2nd - I got a call on the day. The young lady verified time and table but as it was a birthday party asked if I wanted some decorations. I said yes hoping for something festive but not crazy. They were the former - festive, fun and gave the meal a sense of occasion.
3rd - The service and food were top notch. Whether authentic Lebanese dishes or more European-inspired dishes, meat or vegetarian, the meals were delicious and ample.
Service was attentive, friendly but discreet.

All the above made for an excellent evening with friends.
I should also note that if you wish to have alcohol with your meal it's BYOB - with considerable latitude - beer, wine and even home brews.

A true gem.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I had never tried Lebanese food before although I am quite adventurous. We didn't know what to expect as were recommended to go by an acquaintance. What an experience from start to finish. The delicate spicy flavours of everything just bursted in your mouth. It was easily one of the nicest meals I have had in my 50 years on this planet. Aoife the waitress was so friendly, educational and helpful. I have a background as a chef so I was eager to ask questions about the food/spices and Aoife could answer them all. You are advised to bring your own wine/beer so this was an added bonus as you can bring the drink you like and it also reduces the cost of dining out. The Chef sent out a few complimentary taste testers which was a nice surprise. There were clean plates going back each course from our table. There is a wide range of European food to choose from as well. The chef came out at the end of the night to talk to us which was nice. To conclude, I think this restaurant is Drogheda's best kept secret. I hope tourists and locals alike promote this tiny restaurant as I would hate to see it disappear in the future. Looking forward to going back again soon. Thanks guys!!

1  Thank Drogheda987
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Recently re-visited Aisha's with extended family.

Five of us attended so we ordered 2 x Mezzes and 3 x Lebanese Specials.

Food, again, was outstanding. It is hard to pick out favourite dishes but the lamb and pork were cooked to absolute perfection.

We paid €20 per head and were stuffed! As usual, you can bring your own wine/beer and they supply coolers if required.

Service was excellent with water replenished when needed (and from observation by the waiting staff without request).

In my opinion, it's a must visit in Drogheda.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Aisha restaurant continues to offer a fantastic range of Persian dishes that are tasty, colorful and rich with character to suit the palate. It is obvious that the chef has put so much thought and effort into each dish is presented to the customer. Seven of us (four adults and three children) had lunch there today and the meal was sumptuous. They were very generous potions cooked to perfection. The menu has an extensive range of dishes and they are reasonably priced. Aisha has 'bring-your-own' alcohol policy without corkage.

The staff are very accommodating and they helped us with the menu: what is to order etc.

Aisha is a gem of a place to eat out with family or friends. It was our fifth visit. Highly recommended.