“Family Celebration”

Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: French, Irish, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We celebrated a Diamond Anniversary here on Monday . The meal was very good with great choice,the service excellent and the ambiance second to none.We would also recommend Roy Taylor for the musical entertainment.

Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. Congratulations on the Diamond Anniversary. I am sure that Roy Taylor entertained your guests, he is second to none, great vocals and ideal for any restaurant setting.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Visited Scholars Town House at various times. Sunday Lunch and/or evening dinners or lunch is a must. All the staff are great help and frinedly. This place is a gem & nevr had a bad exeprience. This is a very pleasuable venue & a must for any visitor to Drogheda

Thank you for giving us such an excellent review. The team have read your comments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining on saturday evening in scholars with a couple of friends. It was fantastic, the atmosphere was buzzing. The meal was fantastically presented in an efficient yet pleasant manner. The waitress was impeccable and really catered for all of our needs. One of the guests was heavily pregnant and her water glass was never empty. Would absolutely return and would reccommend to all.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your generous comments. We are delighted that you had such a delightful experience and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went as a family group and chose from the à la carte menu.The portion size were average to small, well cooked and well presented. The extras I found a little overpriced for the portion size of €3.50 per item. My wife's dish included chick peas and lentils and both were hard,this was a very basic error on behalf of the chef.The waiter service was very good, friendly and professional I could not fault him in any way.

Thank you for your review. We have addressed the issue with the Tajine and we are currently reviewing our portion size for our side dishes. I hope that next time you join us you will have a more satisfactory experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My daughter was invited for a meal by her aunts to celebrate completion of exams. She was ignored by staff when it came to choosing dessert. My daughter is a young lady 15 years of age who is entitled to recognition and respect.
I was then ignored by staff when I later highlighted the issue to staff by telephone when my daughter described her experience

1  Thank Peter H
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

I think you may have the wrong venue. I have asked the reception team who would have answered the call and they never received a formal complaint off anybody. We have a strict routine when taking an order and give the respect to all ages and engage with all customers irrelevant of their age. I have also asked restaurant and bar staff if they remember any such incident and they also cannot recall. If you would like to discuss this incident further to shed more light I would be happy to discuss.