“Ignored”

Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: French, Irish, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My daughter was invited for a meal by her aunts to celebrate completion of exams. She was ignored by staff when it came to choosing dessert. My daughter is a young lady 15 years of age who is entitled to recognition and respect.
I was then ignored by staff when I later highlighted the issue to staff by telephone when my daughter described her experience

1  Thank Peter H
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

I think you may have the wrong venue. I have asked the reception team who would have answered the call and they never received a formal complaint off anybody. We have a strict routine when taking an order and give the respect to all ages and engage with all customers irrelevant of their age. I have also asked restaurant and bar staff if they remember any such incident and they also cannot recall. If you would like to discuss this incident further to shed more light I would be happy to discuss.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Drogheda is hardly the place one would expect a gourmet meal, but Scholars Townhouse is a hotel (full; we couldn't get a room) with an outstanding restaurant. Fish was cooked perfectly, desserts were sinfully delicious, and the service impeccable. And a bonus - the early bird is attractively priced with full sized portions. What a find!

Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about Scholars Townhouse Hotel. I have to mention that we are not the only restaurant in the town that are setting standards, the town is turning into a real food destination with excellent restaurants such as West 29, Eastern Seaboard, The Kitchen, De Laceys and of course Ourselves. I really appreciate your comments and would hope that you stay a few nights and enjoy some m,ore of Droghedas fabulous food.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visited this restaurant in this beautiful hotel recently and what a wonderful experience. The bar man was very skilled and knew to serve Hendricks Gin with cucumber, not something you see everywhere.

The food was out of this world, the mussels were in a super sauce and as someone who loves mussels I really enjoyed my starter. Fillet steak was cooked to perfection. The head waiter was ever present without being over bearing and it felt as though nothing was too much trouble.

Skipped desert was too full after the meal couldn't even manage cheese but did have a lovely French coffee

We are blessed with such a fantastic team as Scholars would be nothing without them. It is great to read a review with such great detail.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

To celebrate my grand-daughter's first communion my wife and I, along with 14 other relatives were treated to a really three course sumptuous meal in delightful surroundings. We were warmly greeted and seated at a long table together with other parties celebrating various occasions. Although the restaurant was busy the service we received was second to none.

Thank you for your comments, I hope your Grand daughter received a nice communion card from us for her communion day as do all our young celebrants. Great to see you had a good experience from us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful surroundings, decor is really well done. Service is very good, family run. The food is grand, has won awards but wouldn't win any oscars in my mind. Some items in the bar menu are very expensive for what you get. The garden is fantastic and very well looked after. Nice place to take your parents or aunts and uncles.

Thank you for your feedback and your nice comments of the buildings interior etc. Apologies in regard to your food experience, we would welcome any specific feedback you have via email mark@scholarshotel.com as we are constantly trying to improve the consumer experience. We have won awards but I want an Oscar so please send me a personal email to find out where we went wrong on the day in question.