“Brilliant from start to finish”

Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: French, Irish, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visited this restaurant in this beautiful hotel recently and what a wonderful experience. The bar man was very skilled and knew to serve Hendricks Gin with cucumber, not something you see everywhere.

The food was out of this world, the mussels were in a super sauce and as someone who loves mussels I really enjoyed my starter. Fillet steak was cooked to perfection. The head waiter was ever present without being over bearing and it felt as though nothing was too much trouble.

Skipped desert was too full after the meal couldn't even manage cheese but did have a lovely French coffee

Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

We are blessed with such a fantastic team as Scholars would be nothing without them. It is great to read a review with such great detail.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

To celebrate my grand-daughter's first communion my wife and I, along with 14 other relatives were treated to a really three course sumptuous meal in delightful surroundings. We were warmly greeted and seated at a long table together with other parties celebrating various occasions. Although the restaurant was busy the service we received was second to none.

Thank you for your comments, I hope your Grand daughter received a nice communion card from us for her communion day as do all our young celebrants. Great to see you had a good experience from us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful surroundings, decor is really well done. Service is very good, family run. The food is grand, has won awards but wouldn't win any oscars in my mind. Some items in the bar menu are very expensive for what you get. The garden is fantastic and very well looked after. Nice place to take your parents or aunts and uncles.

Thank you for your feedback and your nice comments of the buildings interior etc. Apologies in regard to your food experience, we would welcome any specific feedback you have via email mark@scholarshotel.com as we are constantly trying to improve the consumer experience. We have won awards but I want an Oscar so please send me a personal email to find out where we went wrong on the day in question.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Had a lovely evening here with special friends and have to say, the food was amazing.

Mark and the staff were excellent and I have already told all my friends about this gem of a restaurant.

The lift in the car park for wheelchair users is a great idea.

This disabled toilet is very good but needs a little adjustment as like hand rails on the wall in front of the toilet.

But I would recommend this place 100% and will be back.

Thank you for your kind comments, it is always nice to get a personal mention. I appreciate the comment in regard to the wheelchair lavatory, we will do what we can to improve the facility. Glad you enjoyed everything on the day and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Just spent the evening here for my Mams birthday. The place itself is beautiful and the staff were brilliant couldnt do enough for us any requests were dealt with immediately and very patient with my 2 young children. I have to say I was disapointed with the food. We had a set Menu ( which they kindly personalised for us ) but the choices on it were not great, Taste was ok but have eaten nicer at home, not sure if I would be in a hurry to go back which is such a pity cause it is a beautiful place and the staff are excellent.

Thank you for your valued feedback, it is of great importance to us. Apologies that your experience of the food was not a good one although any of the personalized menus are chosen by the person who made the booking. We always offer a wide range of dishes and you can customize your own menu if required. Regardless, the food let us down and for that I apologise. I would hope that you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves. Please make your presence aware to me and I will try and make your night extra special.