“70th.Birthday Celebration.”

Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Drogheda
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
Kingscourt Ireland
“70th.Birthday Celebration.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

An absolute brilliant place to stay, great service,great food and great atmosphere. Have stayed in many hotels throughout Ireland further and Scholars certainly rates with the best

• Visited February 2014
MarkMcGowan, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we look forward to having you and your party back at some stage in the future.

Regards

Drogheda, Ireland
“Shocking - not what it says on the tin...”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Was really shocked by my experience here. Having read the reviews was expecting a far better service. Waiter was rude and quite frankly didn't know how to serve a table with any grace. The food, well were do I start. If you cannot do, or do not want to do a blue steak just tell me. Don't tell me you can do one then offer me a rare steak and send the chef out to tell that's all he can do and I don't know what I am talking about. Rude arrogant over priced and down right shocking. I just to be clear. I visited twice just to make sure it was not an off night...

2 Thank Greg1393
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Customer

I would like to thank you for your comment like I do to all of our reviewers but unfortunately this review is not an accurate account of your experience with us at Scholars Townhouse Hotel. This review is a personal attack on the Chef, the waiting staff and is a very vindictive review of the Establishment. Scholars "does exactly what it says on the tin" over and over again. We are dedicated to our customers and have an absolute passion for good food and service. Our executive chef Mr David Kelly approached your table to simply explain to you that he was obliged to bring your steak up to the required temperature by sealing the steak correctly, for the well being of the customer. Your steak was still cooked "Blue" but not as "Blue" as you would have liked. Our Waiter who is actually our Maitre d, Eugene has vast experience in the service industry and travels around the room with politeness and sincerity, especially when it comes to criticism. I find it strange you not mentioning the complimentary Brandy that you received as a gesture of good will after your meal. There are a strange set of circumstances surrounding this review in the sense that you were able to shake the chefs hand and thanked him for coming out to the table. It is also strange that you have written two reviews in your time as a Tripadvisor member, both on the same day, one review is 5 out of 5 for one of our competitors, and we get a 1 out of 5. This could of course be a coincidence but it seems unlikely.

Regards

Drogheda
“OK”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had eaten here before a couple of years ago, and had great expectations. Staff and surroundings were very pleasant, but my appetizer was disappointing. The chicken liver parfait was very soft - almost like a mousse - and some harsh additive dominated the flavour to the extent that I found it difficult to taste the chicken liver. The main course, risotto, was OK, but nothing special. Overall I was disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for your genuine feedback. We have since restructured the recipe of the Chicken Liver Parfait and have tried to improve any flaws that there may have been in our risotto. I hope you just got us on a bad day as the general feedback of the food is very good. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention. If you decide to come back to us we will do something extra special to try make amends.

Kind Regards

Ireland
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

4 friends delicious food gorgeous wine comfortable and atmospheric.
first time to scholars but definitely wont be the last

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your generous review. I am delighted your first experience was of such a high standard. We have a nice challenge to make your next visit equally as enjoyable.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous service and food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The service at the hotel and restaurant is second to none! I was in town only for the morning with my partner for his work. It was his 40th bday and I wanted a nice place for lunch. Rachel at the front desk was beyond helpful with answering questions about the menu, directing me to the breakfast lounge where I could have tea and work for the morning and then organising dessert with a candle! Not to mention the food was excellent! The steak pie pastry was the best I've had. Thanks to all of you for your help in having a great meal and experience!

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your generous comments. Rachel is one of our longest serving staff members and is much appreciated by the entire team here at Scholars and the customers alike. It is excellent when customers go too such lengths in appreciation for good food and service. We applaud you.