“Excellent Food and Charming Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant

Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Drogheda
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
County Down, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Charming Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was delicious and served by charming and efficient staff. Decor is beautiful and the whole experience is one of stylish yet relaxed sophistication. Really very impressive - would highly recommend.

Visited April 2013

Bettystown
“Great place,poor food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a fad place. Pretty good service. The food was nothing to write home about, a bit bland, portions far to big for me, I'm sure some people like that

All the same I will give it another go,

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Jane R

Thank you kindly for your recent review. I would like to ask you if you would send me a direct email to the hotel via our website as I would like to correct any flaws we may have produced on the day you were with us. I really appreciate the comments you made in regard to the service and atmosphere we strive to create. Let me know when you are in next time and I will make every effort to keep you with us.

Mark Mc Gowan
mark@scholarshotel.com
Wicklow, Ireland
“A Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had the pleasure of having lunch at Scholars in Drogheda. We did not have starters as it was lunch but the choices were there. Two of the party had fish and chips, fish was beautiful in a light batter and the chips were home made and perfect. One guest had a Ceaser salad with enough chicken to feed a small army and commented that the rest of the meal was so fresh, the other guest had a Thai Green Curry and said it was the best she ever tasted. The value for lunch with a very refreshing Pinot was excellent. The service was excellent, the waiters were charming and everything was spotless. It was hard to believe we were in the middle of Drogheda I felt like we were out in a house in the country. I will be back as they have rooms and I want to stay and learn more about this beautiful townhouse which is steeped in history. Thank you Scholars.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Avril P
Ireland
“Confirmation dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I cant praise Scholars enough for the way we were treated when we went there to celebrate our daughters Confirmation. We were given a delighteful private dining room and the food was delicious! We ate off the special three course Confirmation/Communion menu, which at 25 euro a head is excellent value! The menus had my daughters name printed on them and they had a lovely card and gift waiting for her at her place. All the staff are so lovely and certainly made my daughter feel very special. We enjoyed our evening so much, we cant wait to return again and will certainly recommend this to anyone who wants to celebrate their special occasion in style!

• Visited April 2013
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We selected this hotel based on a recommendation. It was a family celebration so we had a mixed group of young and old. Once you entered the gates the WOW factor hits you. Lets be straight, it’s a small hotel with no huge lobby so don’t expect it. What is does have is a magnificent façade, old world ambiance and a very personal service. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It’s very personal. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was full and so was the bar/lounge but we were still got a great service. Rooms are small, except 1 couple had a 4 poster bed. Nice. Restaurant is beautifully decorated with Battle of the Boyle scenes painted on the ceiling. Food, 1 word fantastic. At breakfast, I could select from a menu and it was served up. None of this “pick your own from a hot (mostly cold) buffet”. Really nice. Scrambled egg was really different and good. We left with happy memories and vowed to be back.