“Very enjoyable”

Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: French, Irish, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scholars Townhouse Hotel restaurant is an award winning 2AA rosette restaurant. Proving modern Irish cuisine with International influence of todays culture in Ireland.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love this place. I have taken to eating in the bar nearly once a week in the past few months and enjoy each vist more and more especially at Christmas time as they have the Hotel beautifully decorated. The atmosphere in the bar is really lovely for either a casual drink and bite to eat or a you can have a more formal a la carte dining exprience in the restaurant for a special occassion. I myself prefer the bar as it is more relaxed and you can avail of the a la Carte menu if you desire to do so. The service is always exceptional with waiting staff extremely professional and very well turned out. I have dined at this restaurant with small children, husband and friends and on each occassion I have been treated exceptionally well by the staff and the food has been consistently good with a varied menu. If you are visiting Drogheda this restaurant is one of the better ones so give it a go and I promise you will come back.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had Lunch and supper in the bar - was as good as being in the restaurant - reasonably priced, relaxed atmosphere. Delicious sandwiches and soup at lunch - warm bread, Thai Curry in evening just right!

MarkMcGowan, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

It is great to get a review for the Lounge area. The food that is served to the lounge is high end gastro and we take as much pride in the food in the lounge as we do in the restaurant.

Regards

GM

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The food is wonderful, just don't fill up too much on the homemade bread which is lovely as you need to leave room for dessert

MarkMcGowan, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic feedback. You are right about the breads too much and you will miss out on a lovely dessert. We are glad everything was ok for you on the night.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On Saturday 27th October, I booked in the highly recommended Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant in Drogheda, dinner for three, celebrating my wife's birthday.I can start straight away and tell you that it was an excellent choice of restaurant for the special occasion. i drove into the parking area and was diected into a parking position by a man who I thought was the car park attendant until approaching him to offer him a tip when he informed me that he was the owner of the hotel and of course did not accept my tip. He gave us such a welcome to his hotel and from that moment on, I knew we were in for a very good night. We were immediately brought to our table, seated in a very nice cosy area beside a beautiful fire and without delay our orders were taken for food and drinks by a very pleasant and courteous member of staff. The food was excellent throughtout, starters, main course etc. the atmosphere, the ambience, the service, all outstanding. It was a perfect night and a very enjoyable night. I highly recommend a visit to the restaurant and I can assure you that you will return with other friends.

MarkMcGowan, General Manager at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I passed on your comments to the Martin and he was delighted he got a mention on Tripadvisor. Thank-you for your comments we look forward to having you back.

Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent food and service, my 18yr old son said his pasta arrabiata with prawn was amazing and my special monkfish was sublime, totally
recommend!!!

MarkMcGowan, General Manager at Scholars Townhouse Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dawn

Thank-you for your lovely comments in regard to your dining experience with us. Your comments will be passed on to the staff and culinary team.

Kind Regards