“Great choice and very resonably priced” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside - CLOSED

Riverside
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ireland
“Great choice and very resonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

First visited here with work colleagues and I was so impressed with choice,value, presentation and staff that I decided to visit again with friends. We eat here on Friday night and we were all impressed with the choice on the menu. They are currently running an offer 3 course meal for 2 people with a bottle of wine for E50 - its a brillant offer there are about 10 choices of starters and 20 choice of mains. We each had different dishes and we were all very happy with our choice. The wine is Chilian Merlot or Sauvignon Blanc - both are good choice. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We could not fault the place and each of us have said we will definately return again. Well worth a try and @ E50 for a couple it is a very enjoyable night out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank r4reilly

Laytown County Meath Ireland
“Bad experience May 2013”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked table for 4 on long weekend. Arrived and the tables we were shown to were all wobbly on the floor. So bad you couldn't sit at. The staff were very rude and put out about our request to fix the situation. Moved us to another table and we placed our order only to be told they had run out of fillet of steak on Friday. This was Monday and they had ample opportunity to purchase more for the weekend.
I went in on Tuesday to see the manager and her comments to me were;

(a)The table had just recently been vacated so there was not enough time. My response I have been here before (approx 2 months before) and the same problem existed. My impression they don't care.

(b) They ran out of fillet on Friday so it was in their economic interest not to reorder but to offer the other steaks in their kitchen rather than having excess at the end of the weekend. Yes I agree this makes good business sense on one hand BUT do you tell the customer? Do you not know your clientèle? Are you not familiar enough with your food usage to be able to forecast a little better?

(c) She also mentioned the price being the cheapest in town. My response was well we left you and went to The Scholar and ate there so you just lost at least 220 Euro this weekend and any-time we dine out in the future.

It is so true you get what you pay for and for a few Euro more we can go to The Scholar and get excellent service, be treated with respect and not feel as if we are in the way or putting them out

At the end of the day the service from not only the floor staff but from the Manager was rude and dismissive.

I will not be dining there again

• Visited May 2013
dublin, Ireland
“Worst Place I Have Ever Been To”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked a table here last weekend. We were greeted by a friendly waitress, placed our order and then left there for ONE FULL Hour. After 55 mins I asked about or starter and the waitress actually raised her eyes, tutted at me and went into the kitchen. She later returned and said very very r udely 'were you not told there'd be a wait???' I replied 'No' and she said 'well anyway it'll be ready soon'. Five minutes later, a waitress cameout with the starters for the table next to hours, who had arrived 45 mins after we did. At this point we WALKED OUT. I left ten euro on the table for the glass and a half of wine we had. I can safely say that I have never been so poorly treated. I cannot review the food as we didn't get to try any. although I got the impression we weren't missing much, we got bread which was served with a knife that was FULL of dishwasher water which soaked through the bread and went all over the breadboard-we didn't even get side plates for the bread. To say I was disgusted is an understatement. I hope nobody goes there looking for a good evening. Awful awful awful service.

• Visited May 2013
ireland
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great food, large selection and friendly staff. Our waitress Sandra was very friendly and helpful. The portions were massive and the price was very reasonable. The restaurant is very clean and modern.woud go again

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank gedIreland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is my second time coming to this restaurant..my first visit was not at all great.Food was not desirable&menu was limited.I think chef changed or something because there was such a difference.menu had an extensive range of foods&it also had some great meal deals.would recommend the chicken wings& steak which was just divine!glad I gave this place a second chance...can't wait for third visit!

• 4 of 5 bubbles