“Best Seafood chowder”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Seafood chowder is wonderful at the Monasterboice Inn, lots of fish, really tasty. I am a tour guide and bring guests there on a regular basis, always get good feedback from guests.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went there for dinner with my boyfriend on Sunday night. We had the set menu and it was ok and not so many choices though. If I go again I would chose from a la carte menu. Steak and apple crumble were good. The food overall was ok nothing exceptional.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

After driving home from Dublin a friend and I stumbled on these wee gem by accident!
Food was great
Service was very fast
A waitress call Ann saw to us and she was very friendly!
The chip.... Were amazing! So pleased we found this place!
Will defo be back x

1  Thank Victoria D
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This restaurant used to be one of the best in the north east but in my opinion after having visited lately NOT any more,
My wife and I and another couple stopped of for a meal and when we entered the restaurant was very busy we were seen to very quickly and our order was taken I ordered a sirloin steak and asked for it to be cooked medium to well shortly after ordering we were shown to our table and when our food arrived we got tucked in but unfortunately when I cut into my steak it turned out to be far from medium to well as the blood was oozing out of it I called our waitress who by the way was very pleasant and more than helpful and she agreed that the steak wasn't cooked as had been ordered and returned it to the chef while my guests started eating their food before it got cold I waited for about five minutes until my meal arrived back but again to my disgust it was still raw I proceeded to cut the steak into small slices and once again called another waitress who agreed that the steak was not cooked as had been ordered and again returned it to the kitchen I waited this time for another five minutes or more and this time when the steak arrived back it was cooked properly the only problem now was that my companions had nearly finished their meal as it was now nearly fifteen minutes since we were served our food and by now the accompanying side orders of french fried onions mushrooms and selection of potatoes were cold the champ that I had ordered was dried up and by the way was served in a little bowl three little ice cream style scoops reminded me of school dinners forty years ago
When I went to pay our bill all €133 of it this was for four main courses and one bottle of house wine I was asked was every thing to your satisfaction sir which I replied no not really and explained what happened to which the teenager working the till replied oh sorry about that and proceeded to take the full amount of me not even a complementary offer of any sort,
I have to say who ever manages the Monasterboice inn needs to be on the floor and look after customers in a proper fashion or at least show the staff ie chef and cashier how customer satisfaction should be adhered to.
Sorry I won't be back.

3  Thank Yovecm
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Eat here recently on recommendation of friends. Disappointed. Seated to left just inside door. Very cramped, waitress had to squeeze past us to serve table behind. Food good but waiting period very long. For what we got I felt it was over priced. Won't be in any rush back. Ample free car parking was probably best thing about this visit. Disappointed as I was really looking forward to eating here.