“VERY fresh, crispy, battered fish & chips”
Review of Darby O'Gills - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Darby O'Gills
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This pub is located very closely to a fresh fish shop. While traveling Ireland for a month, this theory that your fish & chips will be amazing from a pub next door to a fish market had worked everytime!! The fish was decadently delicious!! I had the cod and my husband had the smoked haddock, it was wonderful. There is a choice of chips or wedges, we tried the wedges - they were crisp and lovely with salt and malt vinegar. This place from my understanding is new to town, or has a new owner, not sure but it was definately one of my top 3 lunches during my month in Ireland!! Prices for lunch were great, had to pay with cash - they do not have their credit card machine hooked up yet. Service was by far the most welcoming pub, its cozy, and the irish music playing on the stereo was a great touch!!

1  Thank TRAVEL_LOVER96
There are newer reviews for Darby O'Gills

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Customers and staff were awful. Load, obnoxious pub with very little recommend at all. Not somewhere I'd be back to.

4  Thank JonBStout
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Dark wood interior, low key tunes playing in the background and a friendly bar staff make this the perfect pub. I was traveling solo and had a couple glasses of wine while reading a book - thoroughly enjoyed myself.