“Amazing every time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antica Toscana

Antica Toscana
Ranked #18 of 108 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Amazing every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Have visited countless times! Service is quick and efficient but not too quick that you feel rushed! Staff are hilarious, one particular waiter had me in stitches and really added to the night! Steak is unreal! And I'd recommend the prawns to start!

Very enjoyable would highly recommend it!

Ireland
“Food was lovely - just not enough!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

the food here is lovely i'd recommend the stuffed mushrooms and chicken in white wine sauce. although the chicken dish comes with baby potatoes (2 TINY potatoes halved and small salad) I found the portions quite small. Service was very good.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ireland
“I'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I decided last minute to go out for dinner, we had heard Antica Toscana was worth a visit so called in without booking hoping we could get a table. Lucky for us a large group had failed to turn up so a table was freed up. The waitress showed us to our table and took our drinks order, and when we had looked over the menus we just had to glance and she was back to take our order, for starters my wife had mushrooms stuffed with three cheeses and a cream sauce, I had bruschetta with Cajun chicken, we went half and half as in shared. Both were absolutely gorgeous, hot and super tasty. For mains my wife ordered penne pasta with chicken and a mushroom sauce while I had the penne with chicken and spicy tomato sauce, we both had the house wine which was a very good choice as it was very tasty also, when the mains arrived mine was the wrong dish so they brought both back and returned five minutes later with the correct dishes, only problem was mine was piping hot and my wife's seemed to have been left sitting while mine was being prepared. We skipped desert, When we asked for the bill we decided not to mention my wife's food could have been hotter as we didn't want to look like we just wanted money off the bill. The manager came over to ask if everything was okay and give us a complimentary sambuca when my wife did mention the small mix up, he then took the bill and returned with the price of my wife dish even after we had said this is not why we brought it to his attention. We did say it did not detract from the great food and we will return and as a thank you we placed the money he returned to us in the tip box for the staff.
We will for sure return and can highly recommend Antica Toscana, and the bruschetta is to die for.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Do not miss if in Drogheda...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went here last night with my wife and three kids. From the minute we went in until we left, the staff couldn't have been nicer. Lovely atmosphere and tasteful decor added to the experience. The food was as nice an Italian as we have ever had...my wife had a beautiful pasta dish with salmon and prawns and I could highly recommend. Very reasonable prices too. We'll definitely be back when in Drogheda again.

Dublin, Ireland
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Really good value restaurant. The service is attentive and the restaruant has an uncrowded feel to it. The food is to a high quality and well presented. I will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2011