“Best pizza ever!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Ate there this evening as a walk in. I had the minestrone soup for starters which was quite nice while my gf had the tastiest bruschetta she had sampled anywhere. For the main course she had the salmon which was tasty whilst I had the pizza rustica. This pizza stood head and shoulders above every other pizza I have ever tasted before. I wanted to order a second one to take with me :-) Try it out folks. You won't regret it.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I went to this restaurant with my family for the first time at the weekend as it was my birthday. There was four of us going for dinner. We all had been previously when it was the Boiled Onion. We all enjoyed the meal as it was great tasting italian food , however, the waiter that served us upon arrival was completely and utterly unprofessional, crude and a nuisance. From the moment we arrived and were shown to our table, he was just so irritating. When our orders were been taken he pulled up a chair beside our table to carry out this task which we all found improper. He proceeded to tell a ''joke'' which he claimed, now we all like a bit of banter and craic although this ''joke'' was so inappropriate and vulgar. Our party of four overheard him using disgusting language to a couple at a table behind us and he carried on the same way with a group of women having a meal at a table across from ours.

This waiter never returned to our table for the rest of the night which we found strange and we were served by every other waitress and waiter in this restaurant which we all thought to be inefficient.

The behaviour of this waiter would do serious damage to this restaurants reputation.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Oh what a night.... I have just come home from the most delicious Italian meal ever... We went to Antica Toscana on the recommendation of my daughter. OMG... the food was amazing.
I had prawns to start followed by Pollo Antica Toscana , himself had the Italian sausage wrapped in Parma Ham followed by A Penne pasta dish with chicken and mushroom ( he cant remember the name of it) but the food was fantastic.

The restaurant has a nice rustic atmosphere, warm and inviting, low lighting, but not too low that you cant see what you are eating.
The waiters are charming, efficent, but know their trade and know what their customers want, good food, efficent service and a "BIt of Crack "
I had the Pinot Grigio, himself had the Italian beer. all reasonably priced. we sat down to dinner at 7.20 and had finished by 9.15, at no stage did we feel rushed, nor did we have a long wait between courses. They have got the timing just right.
We had a starters, mains, deserts, coffees, wine and 3 beers and in came in under €100 amazing value for Good food, nice ambiance and Great service . We will be back ..........

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Visited this restaurant with my husband for the first time recently. Being that it is a new restaurant and we went midweek, the place was quiet but we decided to stay and give it a go.

We certainly weren't disappointed. I enjoyed an extremely tasty and fresh prawn starter while my husband had a lovely bruschetta. For mains my husband had a perfectly cooked steak and I had a pasta that compared with dishes I've had in Tuscany itself. For dessert we had a tiramisu - beautifully light and tasty - and a 'torta della nonna' or 'grandmother's tart' I believe, which was delicious and clearly homemade. The best dessert menu of any Italian in the town.

Finally, we had good service and a well priced wine list with some very nice bottles. We will certainly be back and I would highly recommend others to give the place a try!

1  Thank Olivia1379
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Antica Toscana opened approx beginning of August 2011, with excellent early bird menu until 7pm, starters, main course and glass of house wine for e14.95. The a la carte menu offers wine range of pastas, pizza, steak and some fish and chicken dishes, all at great prices. Has definitely got an authentic italian feel to it, ive already been 3 times. Oh and house wines from e15.95, hard to beat that!

2  Thank sunnygirl1969