“splinters and deafened” 3 of 5 bubbles

Funtasia Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Drogheda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located 2 minutes off the M1 motorway and 20 minutes north of Dublin airport. This Egyptian themed entertainment center is the newest addition to the Funtasia family business, boasting the first of its kind in Ireland , pirates cove interactive waterpark, featuring over 200 water gushing activities including the adrenalin pumping super bowl speed slide and the Boomerang. Other attractions include the Atlantis Cove play area, a 14 lane bowling alley, crazy golf, rock climbing, a luxurious Casino, Pharaohs fast food restaurant, video games, simulators and lots lots more!Host the ultimate Birthday party at Funtasia Waterpark, with 14 different party options to choose from, the Funtasia party experience is what dreams are made of! The party suites are exquisitely designed with hand painted and carved themed tables and thrones to ensure a memorable celebration is had by all, Funtasia have Birthdays wrapped up for you!!!!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“splinters and deafened”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went with three families and eight kids. We played crazy golf. The clubs they gave us were old and damaged and a number of us got splinters on our hands from them. The course was worn and shabby. Two of the older boys went on the climbing course and this was good and they enjoyed it. The entire place was deafening. I suppose that is what they are like. We did not visit the waterpark area.

2 Thank Jabbawoki

• Polish first
ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kids love it and so will you!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to to Drogheda for break with the kids at Easter and main purpose was to go to Funtasia Water Park and we were so glad we did. We spent 5 whole hours there and boy we were not disappointed. Slides were fab especially Boomerang and Superbowl!! Others were smaller slides and Zorbing.
We went at 11.30 and was quiet by 4.30 came it was jammed.
We will go back and value for money also.

3 Thank yodaIreland
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Upon arrivng in Ireland off the ferry we travelled straight to Funtasia, the bowling lanes were so much fun and arranged well, the egyptian theme added a unique twist on the game, The roller skating was a unique experience (be warned its not easy) It was so much fun and got a lot of smiles!! And thats not all the arcade area was one of the biggest i had ever seen and added a lot of excitment to the night, the staff were friendly and welcoming! Defo recommend visiting for a great afternoon/evening out!!!

Dublin - Ireland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great day out with kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My 9 year old has a brilliant time. My 8 month old found a bit too cold and very very noisy so I would definitely say a big no no until he is able to cope with noise and cold. You can't get in d park with a buggy and they tell you to park in d amusement area, but no way to secure it....I would leave d buggy n d car!

1 Thank Kmys10
“Fantastic family attraction for all ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm am so happy to live so close to Funtasia. I have been to the play area many times with my 2 year old son but yesterday we went to the waterpark for the first time and he absolutely loved it!! He went on the little slides and had great fun splashing in the warm shallow water! We went early so it wasn't very busy. It is noisy inside but that didnt bother him as he was having so much fun. He was able to sit on my lap to go down the slides in the toddler area and we had such a great time together! He is only 2 so I look forward to years of fun in the waterpark as he grows into it not to mention all the other attractions such as bowling etc when he gets a bit older. The only one thing I was disappointed about was the changing area. He was afraid to go into a cubicle as they are quite small and I couldn't anywhere to sit down and change him so I ended up doing it with a towel on the floor with lots of people walking around us. There are however baby changing cubicles which I didn't get a chance to look into but will check them out on our next visit. I'm sure this place gets extremely busy during holidays etc but I really hope we don't lose it in the recession. It's a fantastic family day out...it's all about the kids :-)