“irish charm”
Review of Windsor Lodge

Windsor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 13 Drogheda B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thankyou olive for a most pleasant stay at you B&B. You were extremely accomodating including making us a sandwich for lunch and even doing my laundry!
will definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Late evening, getting slightly desperate. Everyplace full up. Someone sent us to Windsor Lodge, they just might have a room. met Olive and clicked. We just needed one night and breakfast. She even recommended a restaurant for our evening meal. Delicious. Lovely comfy bed, great nights sleep. Good full Irish breakfast. Loved the brown bread.
Very reasonable rates. Pleasant people. I'd stay there again if back in Drogheda area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family and I stayed at Windsor Lodge whilst a family member critically ill at the nearby hospital. The kindness and genuine warmth we received from Olive and her daughter Una helped make a very stressful time of our lives more bearable. I can honestly say that the hospitality we received was superb and an excellent representation of what I believe to be the traditional Irish welcome. If I encountered this level of service and welcome everywhere I stayed I would be a very satisfied traveler.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AineMH
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a good stay here. The hosts we most welcoming, including telling us about Droghead, and advising a good restaurant. The rooms are good, with an excellent shower and television (important as the olympics had started), comfy beds well made and useful chairs. The dining room is very pleasant and the breakfast is superb. The position is very handy, although the main road outside can be a bit noisy through open windows in good weather.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Windsor Lodge in Drogheda Ireland is an ideal base for exploring Ireland's history from its Neolithic period through the religious/political/battles of the 18th century to the fight for Indpendence in the 20th century. Olive Murphy and her daughter Una and John Shanahan make you feel at home immediately with their warm welcome. They are happy to share their knowledge of the area and will steer you to all the sites and best restaurants. The rooms are comfy and the breakfast will fuel you for a full day of exploration.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. With that said our room faced the front and the double glazed windows f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hhoart
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this cultured B&B when we visited Ireland this year. The reception was warm and inviting and the room was like a well equipped bedroom in my grandma's house. I feel in love with the owners and their helpfulness and pleasant demeanor. I felt like I could have stayed there forever. The breakfast was like nothing I've ever experienced at a luxury hotel or B&B and I have traveled all over Europe.

I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Ireland and Newgrange area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ArmyVegan
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We were just delighted to have this lovely couple stay with us recently -- and thank you very much for this very helpful review. Both are U.S. Army service members stationed in Germany and came to Ireland on a holiday. They were eager to learn about the history and heritage of this beautiful country and genuinely appreciated our guidance on things to see and do. So thanks for choosing to stay with us and thanks again for this lovely review. You'd be most welcome to return -- and continue to be just like part of the family!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just back to Scotland after spending a few days in Drogheda staying at the Windsor Lodge, From the minute you walk in the front door until the minute you leave you are made to feel part of the family. Very welcoming guest house, great breakfast and the rooms are superb. I could not fault this place in any way. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the Windsor Lodge are comfortable and well decorated and nice and warm.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends