“Once again a fantastic experience in this restaurant. Now with a permanent Rib Eye Steak on a four course 20 euro menu”

Triple House Restuarant
Ranked #20 of 112 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Dined here tonight with my wife and 14 yr old son who wasn't sure if he liked the starters. Fresh pasta with a choice of sauces immediately offered to him as an alternative. Suffice it to say that 90 euro covered two five course dinners one four course and two bottles of wine. Brown Bread and Soup I single out for sheer excellence.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Bcohogain

Drogheda, Ireland
“Wonderful reasonably priced food - favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am 22 now and have been going to this restaurant at least once a month with my family since my mum was able to put me under the table in my rocker. This restaurant along with one other is by far a favourite of mine located near my hometown Drogheda. It is located just 10-15mins outside Drogheda but is well worth the drive out. The food is amazing. I always look forward to the home made brown bread that you get while you wait for your starter. The spinach filled crepes is my favourite starter and either the chicken tarragon or goujons of cod with tartar/sweet chilli sauce are my favourite mains. With the mains you are served a pan of garlic potatoes which are by far the nicest garlic potatoes I've ever had and we can't seem to get them the same when we try to make them at home. You are also served a side of vegetables like green beans and carrots etc. We are always given a second pan of potatoes as the first pan disappears fairly quickly. At the weekends the menu has an additional course - soup which also never disappoints. For dessert I always pick either the homemade apple pie or the amaratti dacqious which are also both very delicious. Then your meal is ended with tea/coffee and some mint chocolates. The value for money here is terrific paying only 20 odd euro for the 4 course during the week which excludes the soup and €30 for 5 courses at the weekends which includes the soup. The atmosphere here is nice and relaxed and quiet serving mostly an older crowd as it wouldn't be a typical place for children that just want chips and whatever else. But they do have chicken goujons for younger children which i remember were ny favourite once. I have never left this restaurant disappointed in all my time going to it.

2 Thank kh1511S
“What a restaurant !”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

For 22.50 each for five courses it can't be beaten in Ireland . Fresh Chef Propritaire produced food . Spinach pancakes . Soup . Homemade brown bread . Rib eye steak . Lemon Parfait. Wine at 13 25 a bottle and that's frascati chilled to perfection . I highly comment this restaurant.

Hamilton, Canada
“Hands down one of the best meals of my trip!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This little gem of a restaurant was recommended to me by the proprietor of the hotel I stayed at on October 4, 2013 (The Waterside). It was a short walk away which allowed me to really enjoy a couple of glasses of their very good house wine. Dinner was one of the very best I had during my 16 day tour of Ireland. And I had many others that not only cost much more but included Michelin star chefs.

The salmon melted in my mouth, the protions were very generous and the meringue dessert was worthy of a trip on its own. Good service just added to waht really became my yardstick for a really good meal. My recollection is that the fixed price menu (3 course) was under 20 euro, so a pretty amazing bargain to boot!

1 Thank karkel12
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a wonderful meal. Service was excellent as was the food. Quaint location and lovely atmosphere. The staff were very attentive and we were given adequate time between courses.

Great value and wonderful portions per person. You can tell this chef has a real passion for food and how he cooks it, I loved the fillet steak served with the garlic pan fried potatoes, simply the best I have ever tasted. The dessert of the night was also amazing, an amaretti infused meringue filled with fruit, cream and chocolate shavings served with rum ice cream on the side.

I cant wait to return and sample some of the other food goodies on the menu which cater for most people.