“Impressed!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Well.. food was delicious and service absolutely perfect. To be a such big restaurant and so busy as it was when we were there last week I presume the background is really well organized. Best compliments to the management and to the directors which give all the five stars this place deserve.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have eaten in the Seaboard countless times and have generally always had excellent food and good service. However, on my most recent visits it is clear that standards are slipping. On the last occasion we were greeted by the manager who told us our reserved table had been given to a woman who had slipped a disk in her back and asked if we wouldn't mind sitting at a high table. I now know for a fact that this was a made-up story. We were a party of five and had to ask for an extra setting. The table was far too small for five people and we asked for the air con to be turned off on more than one occasion as the giant candelabra was dripping wax all over the table. Service was not up to its old high standards and our overall experience wasn't what it used to be. I'll be waiting a few months before returning.

2  Thank LillyNoCake
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would not have found this restaurant other than for the fact that one of my companions had dined there earlier that week as it is located in a small shopping complex in a local housing estate. We decided to stop en route from Belfast to Dublin (and onwards) for dinner rather than continue to Dublin to dine there. What a great decision it was! We found hidden treasure.
I believe that it is run by an american man and it was like being transported into a bar and grill somewhere along the New England coast with its wonderful seafood offerings. We were a group of four and we had three courses each and literally licked up every morsel of all of them. It has a great wine list too. The best bit of all is that they give you the detailed list of the provenance of all their food. This place is top notch and we all left trying to think of places in our home town that might suit for a sister venue so that we could write to the owner and beg him to open a branch there. I am trying to think of excuses to go back. Top notch.
As we arrived at 7 p.m on a Sunday, it was quite noisy with a lot of families but as we were finishing, they had all left and candles were being put on the tables. My companion who had dined there during the week said that it was much calmer then. So if lots of happy children (and they all were - tucking into terrific looking ribs etc) are not your cup of tea, maybe avoid Sunday lunch!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited Eastern Seaboard on the recommendation of a few people and we were really impressed. We found the staff to be really impressive, from the moment we arrived, and the atmosphere was fatastic. The place was packed do it was quite loud, but it was a really enjoyable buzz.
The food was just amazing, I have never tasted anything like it.
The service was great, someone at the next table spilt something on their clothes at one point and it was spotted by the waitress who ( without being asked) immediately arrived at the table with a napkin saoked in soda water for the stain. really good service.
We would definitely visit again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Dined in this restaurant last Wednesday night and was as pleased as ever with the experience. I was surprised to hear that it wasn't the usual chef in the kitchen as the food was just as excellent as ever. Good to know that the restaurant is not reliant on one person for award winning food. However the same cannot be said for front of house. The manager seems to be the glue that holds the service together and his work rate on Wednesday night was unbelievable. Together with his team,the welcome and friendliness is what brings us back and the quality food is a bonus.