“Top class”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Dined in this restaurant last Wednesday night and was as pleased as ever with the experience. I was surprised to hear that it wasn't the usual chef in the kitchen as the food was just as excellent as ever. Good to know that the restaurant is not reliant on one person for award winning food. However the same cannot be said for front of house. The manager seems to be the glue that holds the service together and his work rate on Wednesday night was unbelievable. Together with his team,the welcome and friendliness is what brings us back and the quality food is a bonus.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Eastern Seaboard is hands down one of my favourite restaurants. They describe themselves as a 'Casual' eaterie, although I'd say they are certainly at the higher end of this spectrum.

The food is really great and is chock-full of well established in house classics such as the wings, roast chicken, pork belly, bellingham blue burger etc. They always mix it up well though by offering an array of seasonal specials which changes weekly. I don't know how many times I've read their weekend special list on a Friday via their Facebook page and then made it my business to get down there over the weekend!

For me though, the key ingredient for this restaurant and the reason I love it so much is the overall atmosphere of the place - which is always buzzing. From the beautifully decorated space they have created there, to the general attitude and manner of their staff, the New York feel about the bar (amazing whiskey sours!) and of course the food - they've got the balance just right.

What can I say! I just love being there.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Atmosphere, Food, Service, three words that are a sign of a great restaurant. I’m lucky that it is local.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Returned to the esb last night after a while and food still as good as ever, beautifully cooked and well presented. Service was a little slow but that was not the fault of the manager . He was literally run off his feet and while he had ample staff , they seemed to be new and a little inexperienced. Therefore he was covering a lot of ground without much help . I hope the management team know what they have with this guy , he keeps the show on the road .

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time recently, after hearing so many good reviews from friends and family. Booked a table for 7pm and were told we had to leave at 9pm, this is fair enough as they seemed very busy when we arrived.
However, when we first arrived, we were greeted by the manager, I think? A woman dressed all in black who was very rude from the get go. We had to wait 15 minutes for our table and when we were shown to it, this manager basically dumped the menus on our table and walked away. From this point on we felt very uncomfortable. Our waitress was very pleasant and helpful, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, however we were then asked to leave our table just as our desserts arrived, by another manager?(a male this time)
We were seated 15 mins late, and then asked to move 15 mins early which is totally unacceptable.
There seemed to be a dispute between the staff and management, which unfortunately wasn't discreet enough as we overheard some harsh words being exchanged.
We would like to return to Eastern Seaboard, and hopefully be treated better by all staff, as the food was top class!

3  Thank AnneByrne26