“Christmas work night out”
Review of Freddy's Bistro

Freddy's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freddy's Bistro is in the Bridgestone Top 100 Restaurants, in Ireland. All our foods are sourced locally and cooked fresh. We cater for any special diet, including wheat free sauces and desserts.
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We went for our work Christmas party. Couldn't have asked for a better restaurant. Setting is lovely, food is amazing... All the staff are so nice and friendly, couldn't be more helpful, Liz the manager is very nice and polite, super helpful, any request we had was no problem. We will definitely be returning to Freddies soon.

2  Thank Ciara C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been ringing this restaurant for over a week to enquire about the possibility of securing a reservation for 2 over the coming weeks. My fiancé and I are getting married soon and both thought it would be a nice touch to go back to the restaurant in which we had our first date almost 5 years ago. Unfortunately when somebody eventually answered the phone last night, it was answered by an extremely rude woman, who snapped ‘what’. Before I could even begin to query about the possibility of a reservation I was abruptly told ‘we’re fully booked’, at which point the women in question hung up the phone. While I can appreciate restaurants are busy coming into the festive season such behaviour is completely unacceptable. If a restaurant is fully booked, then there are methods that could easily be implemented to inform prospective customers of such, inter alia, a message on the answering machine, a message on the website, a system on the website that would enable customers to submit a request (as opposed to customers having to repeatedly ring in the hope of someone hopefully answering the phone!) or a simple and courteous message to a customer when they have taken the time to enquire about spending money in the establishment. How quick a person’s perception can change with one unpleasant exchange! Although my fiancé and I have had many pleasant evenings here over the last few years - we won’t be ringing to see can we book a table again!!

12  Thank david_odwyer83
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Forgot to Book the Restaurant 'Mea Culpa' phoned Freddy's Bistro in the heart of Limerick City. Fully Booked for the Saturday night - That's a good sign! I asked if any cancellations were to come up would they please call me. Saturday evening 6pm phone rings Liz to the rescue table for two 8.30pm - back in business bacon saved! Beautiful meal Crab & Fish cakes to start delicious Medallions of Fillet beef and the best slow cooked Pork Belly I have tasted for our main course - Well done Chef. Lovely atmosphere and we were so so well looked after looking forward to dining again @ Freddy's Bistro, Limerick..........Thanks Des & Ruth

1  Thank DJ H
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Returned to freddies again last night, as usual food and service fantastic, looking forward to a few more nights there over the christmas season, the seasonal menu is brillant value and has great choice. Only problem is it is very difficult to get a booking so plans need to be made well in advance but its well worth it!
Also we brought home the lamb shank bone to the dog who loved it................ thank you!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

After reading the reviews here I was eager to check this place out. The results were as descibed by most of the reviews!
The restaurant had a large reservation for the evening but our eventual server told us if we could manage eating in 1.5 hours she would squeeze us in. Lucky us since the two women in front of us couldn't make a decision so we were seated directly.
Shared the Tandori Wings and Garlic Mushroom appetizers. Both were seasoned well and tasty.
Mains were the Clonakilty Chicken and the Banana Leaf Wrapped Sea Bass. My chicken was vary moist and I've taken a liking to the Irish breakfast pudding, even stuffed into chicken!
Service was really fantastic, one of the owners, Liz, came by and made sure we were satisfied with our meal. Desert was the Apple/Blackberry Crumble, great finish and under 1 hour 15min, which OK for this Californian!