“Wow ooh wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Freddy's Bistro

Freddy's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 298 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish, European, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Freddy's Bistro is in the Bridgestone Top 100 Restaurants, in Ireland. All our foods are sourced locally and cooked fresh. We cater for any special diet, including wheat free sauces and desserts.
tennessee
“Wow ooh wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our party of 8 ate there last night and it was perfect from the first bite to the very last! We had 2 or 3 course meals. I had the mussels as an appetizer cooked in cream. Followed by the salmon served over greens. My husband had the lamb shanks that were cooked perfectly. Everyone shared the delicious desserts. Don't miss this place and the fantastic service.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Canada
“Lovely Gem,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Before we took a trip over to Limerick, on our recent Ireland visit, I goggled, top restaurants and gluten free restaurants in Limerick, and Freddie's came up. we trekked over, only a couple of block from out hotel, the Strand. We found Freddie's, easily, just a slight turn down a little alley. Even though we didn't have a reservation we were welcomed warmly and seated immediately in the little bar section.
The service was so nice, polite and attentive. They had a wide range of choices form the gluten free, menu. You could get two items, for $24Euro, or I believe 3 for $32. One of the owners Liz, was there, and asked how we found it. On trip advisor I told her. The food came quickly, hot and a great portion. They didn't hurry us, and the ambiance was warm and cozy.
My husband had the soup as a starter with gluten free bread, and I had the Caesar salad, without the croutons. It came with the crisp lettuce, right amount of dressing, and Parmesan cheese. I had the spiced sea bass, and my husband had the curry chicken with the basmati rice. The sea-bass, could have had a bit more spice for my taste, but all in all it was lovely and just what we were looking for. Would highly recommend and do make a reservation.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Cozy little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this place. It is a great place, cozy, small. They had 2 or 3 course price fixe dinners. My hubby had the mussels for an appetizer, to die for, in a wonderful cream broth & the Lamb shank, slow roasted for 4 hours for dinner. I had the Caesar salad, very good-garlicky and the chicken and couscous for dinner. Wine list was quite affordable. Wait staff very attentive, not over bearing. One of our best meals in Ireland.

• Visited April 2013
Galway, Ireland
“The ultimate dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The food here is exceptional , I'd never dined here before but was invited to do so through a friend who dined there frequently and has been telling me how wonderful it was , normally when someone bigs up a place it tends to disappoint because you get such high expectations !!!!
Well let me say I was far from disappointed it was even better if that's possible than described to me , we dined upstairs which was full to capacity as I totally understand why it would be from the ambiance to the friendliest staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. , I say this because although they were under pressure with pleasing all patrons nothing was too much for them in tending to you 100% we had the pleasure of meeting one of the proprietors a lovely lady who tended to all patrons ensuring every one was satisfied ,
I had for my starter a mushroom risotto which was to die for cooked to perfection and so full of flavour my main course was a crab linguini mouth watering and for dessert I had Belgian chocolate and orange pudding sinfully good
May I also recommend the Malbec red wine absolutely fabulous and very reasonable
All that's left to say is I can't wait to return here for the fabulous food fantastic atmosphere and friendly service
Well done ye guys if only all other restaurants would go and dine there to learn what real service is

• Visited February 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I think the other reviews say it all! This is the only place me and the girls go for food; if you're looking for consistency, this is the place to go. The staff are fantastic and nothing is a problem. And the food; incredible! Every penny spent in Freddy's is worth it and I can't praise it enough.

• Visited March 2013