“Date night at Freddy's Bistro in Limerick”
Review of Freddy's Bistro

Freddy's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 311 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freddy's Bistro is in the Bridgestone Top 100 Restaurants, in Ireland. All our foods are sourced locally and cooked fresh. We cater for any special diet, including wheat free sauces and desserts.
Ireland
“Date night at Freddy's Bistro in Limerick”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

So, after 40 years and 4 kids later, we still try to have date nights and before you think we're ancient, we met when we were 16. Nuts or lucky, take your pick. I booked a table at Freddy's bistro Limerick, www.freddysbistro.com and mentioned it was a date night. Liz Phelan, one of the duo owners said she would reserve a quiet table. I thought, great, we'll be stuck somewhere too quiet, did I mention 40 years together....? Anyway, I need not have worried, there was hardly a chair unoccupied. Full house mid week, recession does not affect the long established, quality restaurants. The atmosphere was good, table great, staff attentive and the food amazing as usual. Hubs had the garlic mushrooms for starters and I had the mushroom risotto, it was excellent. Moist, light and delicate flavours. I cannot resist their fillet of beef with garlic, pepper or red wine jus. When it came to the steak, Hubs could not choose which sauce. The waitress kindly suggested all three, as you do when faced with a seriously hungry man. He was so happy with his three little jugs of sauce, garlic potatoes, onions and mushrooms. We had coffee to finish as there was just no room for desert. That did not stop me drooling at the pudding dishes going by. The prices are competitive, €19.95 two course early menu and €24.95 for three course. Sensible owners of Freddy's just added a €5 for the evening menu. Roll on the next date night, I will skip the starter and make sure I've room for desert. Wonderful restaurant, no wonder it won the Tripadvisor award for excellence.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just had a wonderful meal at Freddy's, the atmosphere was so relaxed and inviting. The service was of such a high standard I actually left a complement when I was leaving. I have a dietary requirement that can make eating out a hassle however, the waitress was so accommodating and my food was delicious. We had the early bird which is remarkable value. I can not recommend this restaurant enough if you haven't been - GO!!

Limerick
“First Visit”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

II really loved Freddy's - the atmosphere- service-food was excellent. The owners make you feel you are the only person in the restaurant - I will definetly be back.

Visited January 2013
Tipperary, Ireland
“A must visit!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

What a experience and hats of to trip advisor for pointing me in this direction. Great food friendly staff what more can I say, nothing really. Well worth a visit I can't wait to return thanks to all the staff and kitchen for a wonderful dining experience !

Top class

Limerick, Ireland
“Best steak & lamb shank in town”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would highly diffo this restaurant my husband and I visited there 16.03.13 the food was excellent staff very friendly and great atmosphere. We will diffo visit again and would highly recommend to all family friends and business associates. Well dome to all looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Visited March 2013