“Great food”
Review of Jasmine Palace

Jasmine Palace
Ranked #42 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food great staff. Very attentive ate here recently was very busy on a Sunday evening but very enjoyable. The wine list however could be improved

Reviewed December 12, 2013

For me the Jasmine Palace has always been one of those joys. When I was younger I would go there for Sunday dinner and enjoy the buffet with my family. This was years ago, a decade perhaps and I still frequent the restaurant to this day.

The thing about the Jasmine Palace is that the owner was always trying something new, sometimes even too much so, but he was always innovating. I have seen a few critical reviews here but honestly I could not imagine Limerick without the Jasmine Palace and I have always had a great meal with wonderful food there. It is the place to go for large groups and special occassions too I think. The floor managers are very accomodating and even during busy nights when I have had no reservation managed to sort me out with a table for two.

Bottom line, the food is great, the buffet is exceptional and the ambience and decor is lovely and tasteful. The fact is that for years the Jasmine Palace has kept up a standard of class, cuisine and dining experience that few restaurants in Limerick could even come close to achieving and continues to do so. I must say I do miss the Chinese owner/manager whom I believe has retired a few months ago. He was an absolute dynamo.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with a couple of friends as an early Christmas meal. Booked the early bird as we all came straight from work. The meal was excellent and service efficient despite the restaurant being full; it was amazing that by 7pm all tables were taken which showed how good the place was. Would definitely recommend it but be sure to book.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was surprised by the restaurant itself. I was walking past the entrance with my Dad and he suggested going in, and having heard of it before, I agreed.

We went upstairs and we found that there was a huge selection of food - not just the typical one's you'd get from a normal Chinese but several other dishes like pizza, squid and different soups. You could go up as many times as you want to fill your plate from the large selection. There was also a load of different desserts. It really cut out the part of going to a Chinese where all you want is what the person next to you is having.

The dining area was really nice too, with a window that looked over the streets below. It wasn't too packed and the layout was very well thought out. There was a bar beside where the buffet was too.

It worked out as €12.50 per person (although it was cheaper for children... forget how much it was though) which I thought was very very reasonable seeing because you could eat as much as you wanted.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Always busy. This must be a good indication of how good this place is. There is a huge selection of food to choose from this all you can eat buffet. Service and quality always first rate.