“It has gone down a lot”
Review of Jasmine Palace

Jasmine Palace
Ranked #42 of 315 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Jasmine Palace was always one of our main reasons for visiting Limerick before but we were very disappointed with it this weekend.
We booked the Buffet on the Sunday and we were really looking forward to it. There was a good selection of everything but it wasn't as tasty as it used to be. We didn't go back up for seconds of anything.
We won't be rushing back again which I never thought I would say about this restaurant to be honest.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been eating in the Jasmine Palace for many years now and until recently have always classed it as one of the best Asian Restaurants in the country.. The Front of house Manager has always been somewhat curt but this has always been made up for by the service, excellent food and good value . I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there and the feeling of being out in the City.
This feeling has waned during my latest visits , particularly on Saturday night last 9th March.The service was very poor to the point of rudeness and the quality of the food was far lower than one could reasonably expect. We ordered the mixed Platter for two to start and before I ordered I asked (politely) if it was possible to have something else instead of the chicken satay..my request was met with silence and indeed sullenness by the Waitress who eventually returned with the dish minus the Chicken Satay but with no replacement item. The Spare Ribs were burned to a crisp and practically inedible.
The Main course was a far smaller portion than on previous visits with the boiled rice totally overcooked . My wife ordered a dessert which another Waitress literally flung at the table shouting "!chocolate mousse!" in quite an aggressive tone. Its also worth noting that we overheard diners sitting adjacent to us complaining about the poor service.
As you can imagine none of this was conducive to an enjoyable evening and we left rather disappointed at the overall experience which was also rather expensive.
I think that the Management of this establishment need to realize that reputation alone will not get them by in the straitened times and that Customers are far more discerning than they might think

1  Thank jonmossbansha
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had dinner with a group of friends here last night. We have all eaten here on a number of occasions & always enjoyed it until last night. One of my friends who is 8 months pregnant arrived first and asked if she could be seated at our table. She was told that this wasn't possible until the whole party were there. She was made to stand and wait for the rest of us.

When we were seated the waiter who was serving us was really rude & obviously disinterested in his job. He proceeded to serve me while leaning across my friend. Our orders were then completely mixed up.

The ladies toilets were filthy with bins overflowing with paper towels.

All in all a very disappointing experience. One which I won't repeat anytime soon

1  Thank paulahane
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Four of us dined in the Jasmine Palace on Sunday.
The layout of buffet food was great. The choice was marvellous.
There was a long list of starters. The main courses were great.
The deserts were mouth-watering. Plenty of cream available (I would have liked some custard)
Would recomment Jasmine Palace for Sunday lunch.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently went for a romantic dinner for two with my wife in Limerick .We were looking for Luigi Malones on o'connell street but unfortunitely we found out it had closed down . We decided to look locally and stumbled onto the Jasmine Palace on O.Connells street.All i can say, is that we went for an Early bird 3 course and were delighted with the choose of menu and for 21 euros ,it was fantastic food and we weren't rushed between courses .The prices of the wines were reasonable and the house white was also very well priced.The restaurant itself was very spacious and the restrooms were spotless.The lighting was romantic and the staff were attentive and very pleasant.I would recommend to anyone looking for that some place special,the Jasmine Palace restaurant is it .Enjoy