“Lovely, homely, welcoming”

Almeda Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Limerick
Almeda Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 30 Limerick B&B and Inns
Skryne, Tara, Ireland
“Lovely, homely, welcoming”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have just stayed in this Bed & Breakfast on a trip to Limerick. First of all I found it really easily accesible from the Dublin Road. The room was very nice, comfortable, en suite. By far the best part of the experience was the interactions with staff: helpful, courteous, kind and warm. I'd highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone coming to Limerick.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Conor F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Our two night stay with Marie was one of the highlights of our three weeks in Ireland. After a lovely day of exploring Bunratty Castle in the rain, Marie welcomed us warmly and made us feel right at home. Her breakfasts were delicious and so were the evening meals we enjoyed at Marie's recommendation in nearby pubs and restaurants. Our room was clean, comfortable, with fresh decor and a lovely en suite. Marie's house was easily found and within a good walk of city centre. I would highly recommend a stay at this B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GJB72
Barcelona, Catalunya
Reviewed August 31, 2011

First of all, we cannot rate this B&B because we didn't stay in: after TWO MONTHS of reservation and after several e-mails asking for details about our trip (which is somekind of reasonable) we arrived at this place in Limerick. A kind woman told us that WE COULDN'T STAY THERE and that they had booked us in another B&B (Abbeyville House), close to Almeda's. Not a single call nor an e-mail to warn us. When we arrived at the other B&B a cold woman (professional but distant) recieved us and gave us our room, no details were given and did not help very much. After a bad night in there the only thing we wanted to do was to leave Limerick and never come back. We still don't have any notice of the Almeda's...A terrible experience...

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TJorda
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Limerick on a drive trip through Ireland, Sandra was a very helpful owner and showed us to our room and helped us with some dinner/music spots for the evening. The rooms were very comfortable, good amenities, breakfast was fantastic. It was a slight walk into downtown, about 20 minutes, but very doable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Erin Y
cork
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Marie provides a top class B&B experience for the traveller. My room was very clean and comfortable. The house is located very central to Limerick city centre and a great base for travelling throughout the region also. Marie is a truly hospitable host who provides a genuine Irish welcome. Her guests are her priority and you leave feeling like you've made a new friend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank carolunacork
Montreal
Reviewed May 14, 2009

The Almeda ids a very nice B&B just a short walk to downtown.

The owners, Sandra and Marie, were kind enough to drive us to dinner that evening at a great little Irish pub.

Clean place, good breakfast, and great Irish hospitality

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dc1122
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 6, 2008

My fiance and I stayed in this B&B for 2 nights last September. We have stayed in alot of B&Bs but I must say this one had more of a hotel feel to it very modern rooms with cable tv, tea/coffee, fresh towels, hairdryer. When we arrived we were shown to our room, we did pay upfront but we have experienced this in most B&B's and to be honest it was easier for us. We didnt really know our way around Limerick so asked the landlady, she was very helpful and very informative. The breakfast menu was very good with a good choice, I can honestly say if I am ever in Limerick again I will definitely stay here, I recommended it to my friend who stayed there a few months after me she also said she would return.

Overall enjoyable stay, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, good value for money and very friendly.

Stayed September 2007