1,425 results
All reviews hamptons restaurant molton brown toiletries valet parking dunnes stores turn down service the executive lounge afternoon tea five star hotel sparkling water car park star standard limerick city lovely hotel junior suite steam room central location top class
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Arrived here as part of a hen party. 2 triple rooms booked (along with 10 other twin rooms) but when we got to our triple, there were only 2 single beds in it. Went downstairs to change the room and they said they were fully booked and they'd send a camp bed!!! I said no, We paid for a triple room and showed them the booking. We got a shrug from the guy at reception. Then a girl came along and asked me what my problem was sleeping on a camp bed, that it was adult size!! The absolute cheek of that, this hotel is not cheap, they made the mistake and basically didn't care. To apologise the 3 of us got a drink and a €50 voucher. I would have preferred a bed and less attitude. The camp bed arrived with a filthy mattress topper on it and we had to ask them to take the topper away.

The botton on the 5th floor to call the lift was broken. The rooms are overly warm and the A/C isnt great. The shower was not clean and my roommate found long black hairs in the shower tray.

We went for a swim and the pool was freezing, but the worst was the smell in the ladies changing room. It smelt of sewage, on informing reception the lady seemed concerned but not surprised and rang someone to get it fixed however she was very polite. Wouldn't recommend going there.

Positives are the food: the breakfast was lovely with good service. Although there is a full irish available which isn't on the menu which we overheard her telling another table when they asked. The Hamptons restuarant where we had dinner was fabulous, Kate our server was excellent.

Overall, would never stay here again and will never recommend it to anybody. I'm shocked that this is a 5 star.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank kerrycat
Reviewed September 14, 2019

Fabulous breakfast selection, lives up to 5 star rating and available until midday!
Conference room and service throughout was excellent.
Location in city centre very convenient with parking less than 100m away. Lives up to its 5 star rating.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

This is the second time I have stayed at The Savoy on business and I just love this fantastic hotel. The standard of the public areas and rooms is impeccable with a beautiful lounge area and very spacious bedrooms with the comfiest bed ever! The bathroom was large too with a bath and separate shower and generously stocked with lovely Molton Brown toiletries. I had an executive room with a balcony and access to the Executive lounge which was a huge bonus. All staff were friendly and welcoming, when the Receptionist realised I was eating at Hamptons on my own he gave me a voucher for a complimentary Prosecco which was a really nice touch. The food at Hamptons (next door) is wonderful and again service was fantastic, I believe that this is part of the same company. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel staff and they made me feel so welcome. Breakfast the next morning was a lovely affair, classical music playing and a lovely choice on the buffet, I believe they have just won an award for their breakfast, very well deserved!! All in all a true 5 star experience!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed numerous occasions for work trips and the key strength of this hotel is the location in the City Centre.
Rooms are very comfortable but they really need more modern Smart TVs and a much better hairdryer for this class of hotel.
I have eaten in the library and the bar and food is always fresh and of a good standard.
Breakfast has good quality fruit, yoghurts and pastries which is self service and a cooked breakfast is made to order. It is very nice but sometimes feel the atmosphere is a little stuffy and stiff but not sure how this could improve.
Will return again due to the comfort and location of the hotel .

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2019

Fantastic hotel. Great food. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Absolutely enjoyed my stay. Rooms are beautiful, large and spotless. Very comfy bed. Spotless bathroom with shower and bath. The staff was really make this hotel.