“Simply delightful”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dallas, Texas
“Simply delightful”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Not only did we love Limerick, but the Savoy was the perfect spot for two weary travelers who were tired of big city hassles. The rooms are large and comfortable, the bathrooms are first rate (with separate tub & shower), and the location is ideal. We walked to two wonderful restaurants for dinner, and to a fabulous coffee house (Arabica) around the corner for breakfast. We also drove to the west coast or Ireland during the day, within easy reach from Limerick.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Moyard, Ireland
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I arrived at the Hotel after a day touring the coast with my wife and four hungry/tired kids, you could hear a pin drop with the excitement as we went inside. We were made very welcome by everyone. We went up to the adjoining rooms, which are first class. Rotating plasma TV, huge bathrooms, absolutely spot on. We also ate there, which I must say was also first class. We were tired so went to bed early ....... only to be woken in the morning by the kids bringing me to the pool :-)
This Hotel is what life is all about ...... Relaxing, and at the same time enjoying yourself.
I would highly recommend

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed for one night recently and will definitely be going back. Really lovely hotel, check in was friendly and efficient and our room was absolutely beautiful and really comfortable. We had dinner in Hamptons restuarant and main courses of duck and rib eye steak was so good. Also breakfast the next day was perfect for us and served late which was an added bonus!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
northern ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I have to commend this hotel after our recent stay. I booked a family room for 2 daughters, my husband and myself. Any emails which I sent before our arrival were promptly replied to which is always a good sign. Check in was efficient and friendly. Car parking is just across the road and at 15 Euro for the whole weekend I thought was reasonable and secure. We had been given a suite at no extra cost and we all agreed that it was one of the most comfortable rooms that we had ever stayed in. The extra beds for the children were much better than the usual rollouts you get. The air conditioning and double glazing meant that we could cut out road noise without sweltering. There were ample towels and toiletries. We made use of the gym and pool. The pool is very small but adequate for a family splash around. We visited the Liszt Lounge several times for coffee and loved the fact that there was a luxurious feel to the seating yet the children were welcomed and indeed slipped several treats which they appreciated. Breakfast is also served there and as already mentioned in several reviews is top notch. There is a huge range on offer and the quality of the food is impressive and very tempting. Any deviations from the menu are dealt with courteously and the staff are keen to ensure that everyone is kept happy. Nothing is too much bother for them. We were sorry to leave and would certainly book again if we return to Limerick.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Just read some of the bad reviews, and was wondering whether or not people had stayed in the same hotel as I had.
I was fortunate to be upgraded to a Junior suite, which was bigger than some apartments I have lived in. The room was fabulous, and clean. One of the great strengths of the Savoy is its staff - they are so attentive, and cannot do enough for you. I had tapas in the bar, as opposed to a sitdown meal (although I hear that Hamptons Bar and Grill is top notch) - the dishes I chose were simply delicious, along with my free glass of bubbly (one of the perks, along with free nibblies, if you are staying in one of the suites). Had a great chat with the barman, whilst watching champions league - he also did some very elaborate cocktails for a large group of ladies who had wandered in for a drink.
My trip was for business just for one night, but I will definitely be returning with my wife for a weekend away. Limerick often gets a bad press, but I have to say, having stayed in several hotels in Limerick, of which the Savoy is by far the best, it is fast becoming one of my favourite city destinations. Keep up the good work the Savoy, I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed in this Hotel for one night, it is very central, staff very friendly, room very nice, spacious and clean, check out at 12, parking limited, so parked across the road in Dunnes Stores for €7.50 over night which was reasonable, didnt have breakfast booked room only, did however want to dine in the restaurant for dinner so went down at 9 and was rudely told by the manager they were booked up and no table available although we could see empty tables, granted maybe they were booked asked about any other restaurants he didnt answer us, he just walked off. I may stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Just visited this hotel with two friends for a weekend break. We got a good price for two nights b&b with one evening meal at the Market Square Restaurant. We shared a triple room which was grubby. Walls were dirty and marked, no lighting, had to request towels twice as not enough towels left, when towels did arrive (had to call front desk twice) they were wet! Tiles on bathroom floor were loose. On the plus bedsheets and pillows were good quality and beds were very comfortable. We had booked two treatments at the Laserlight Spa, these were cancelled two hours before as one of the staff members called in sick - disappointing. When we arrived and mentioned this to the man on front desk (Christie) he gave us champagne and free parking, this was a very nice gesture and professional of him. We ate in both the Hamptons Restaurant and Market Square which are both based in the hotel. Market Square was excellent, service and food were the best I have ever experienced. Hamptons Restaurant also very good. Breakfast in the hotel is served until 12pm which was really good. The location of the hotel is excellent, all shops, bars and restaurants on your doorstep. I would rate this hotel as four star NOT 5. Next time I visit Limerick I will be staying in the Strand Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends