“Great Spot”
Review of Absolute Hotel

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for one night. It is well located, within walking distance of the city. we stayed ina 'cosy' room' which had plenty space for us and our baby. Huge bed and a beautiful bathroom,the staff were excellent and it really is a lovely hotel with a nice modern feel to it.
I would stay there again

• Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,037)

Reviewed July 22, 2008

I absolutely loved this hotel. We were upgraded to a superior room for no charge. The staff were fabulous and the spa treatments were quite reasonable though I didn't take advantage. The vending machines were terrific and everything was charged directly to your room rather than having to get change.

The room was lovely and the bed was superb. The room had flat screen tvs and great bedding. The shower was fantastic - my husband actually took two showers in one day. I didn't want to leave the room. I loved that the room actually promoted energy efficiency by requiring the room key to be inserted to the master light switch to operate the lighting/tv. When you leave - remove your key and everything goes off.

The location was great. It was about a five minute walk to the city center. I would definitely suggest this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Limerick!

Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed here with my boyfriend and mum and dad and we all loved this hotel.
The location was great, it was only a very short walk in to town and has lovely views over the River Abbey.
The reception, bar and all staff around the hotel were very nice, friendly and helpful.
The rooms were lovely and clean and relaxing.
We also enjoyed breakfast(lots of choice) and again like the bar area.
There isnt one bad thing any of us could say about this hotel and we are all looking forward to retuning very soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2008

we stayed at the absolute for 7 nights.we were upgraded to a superior room free of charge.loved the smart shower but as said before the towels were a of poor quality,at least they were changed daily.we asked for a kettle and got one on return to our room,as we did not like the coffe machinein room.we did not eat in the resterant as thought it was too expensive.we were a little disappoited at the area it looked 30years behind.the place was a good base to tour from.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Beautiful setting on the banks of the Abbey River and far enough removed from the buzz of the city centre to allow a luxurious accommodation to thrive due mainly to its outstanding Front of House team, excellent bar- and fine-dining eating options, spa facilities, quiet gym and spacious and very well equipped bedrooms.

World-class service is on hand 24hrs/day and this is supported with excellent business and conferencing facilities if applicable.

I have stayed there for one month with my team of colleagues and we are all in agreement in this being our European hotel of choice when available.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We stayed in the absolute hotel for a midweek break, and honestly wouldn't go back. There are some good points about this hotel, mainly the high quality furnishing of the rooms and the modern feel of the hotel but thats where the positives end.

The bad points of the absolute are..

The quality of the towels & face cloths in the bathrooms are awful. This hotel is only open a year, but the towels look to be second hand. They were small, thin, and frayed. One of our bathtowels had the word 'Peamount' written on it in permanent marker... which used to be a hospital in Ireland.. so I really question where the hotel sourced their supplies. At the end of my stay I wished I had brought my own towels.

There is no room service to the rooms... this lack of service is not acceptable in 'top quality' hotels in Ireland. One of the treats of staying in a hotel is being able to order breakfast in bed... not the case here unfortunately.

There is no mini bar in the rooms... but you can go to the 'larder at the lift' which basically is a vending machine. To get an item out of it you have to use your swipe card... which never worked for us. It was a complete disaster.

Using your swipe card to get up to your floor in the lift is a good idea in this hotel, as there was no security or front of house staff when we came back late one night. However, during our 2 night stay, both of our cards malfunctioned and we had to get them revalidated.

Theres no baths in any of the standard or deluxe bedrooms :( So, if you want a relaxing bath, either upgrade to a suite (we had a look, its not spectacular), or go home.

Theres no swimming pool on site.. they use one thats somewhere in limerick. There is a thermal spa, which is 20euro per hour. Its nice, but very small.

So, all in all, everything is hard work at the absolute hotel. If you want a nice relaxing break, then I would give this place a miss. If your on business, then there is no option of relaxing in your room for dinner. If you just want to sleep in a nicely decorated room... then go for it.

We won't be back though.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2008

I stayed here before and gave it a pretty decent review...the rooms are lovely but ive since stayed again and attended a conference here and my opinion has really changed. Firstly, the keycard elevator thing is a nightmare. It doesnt work properly!! My main thing though is the food in the restaraunt...not good. I ate 3 meals there a dinner and two lunches. I so wanted it to be good because it looks so nice but it is terrible. One lunch we got was tiny and definitely lastnites leftovers. The chicken was so dry and disgusting and im not so fussy. Its trying to be fancy but doesnt use top quality ingredients i suspect ...even tho the prices are pretty steep! Neway, stay here if you like a nice room but are just using your hotel to sleep and not to eat your meals because you really can do a lot better for food!

Stayed: January 2008