“A familiar face”
Review of Absolute Hotel

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travel a lot on business and it is so lovely to visit a hotel where they remember that you have been there before and give you a nice warm welcome. I arrived tired to the Absolute Hotel after a long journey, the staff at reception were just delightful, they remembered that I had visited the hotel before many times and welcomed me back like an old friend! My room was lovely, spacious and luxurious, spotlessly clean. I also attended a BNI breakfast meeting, the meeting room was great, the breakfast choices were extensive! Well worth a visit

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Took a night off and headed for the Absolute on the recommendation of a friend and it was a very welcome break!. Staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating and I will certainly make a return visit. I took a suite and it was very spacious, well laid out and comfortable, def. worth the slight extra cost. Location is excellent, just a short walk to the city centre, onsite parking available although not obvious on arrival!

1  Thank C B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Three of us had Sunday lunch in the Absolute Hotel restaurant.
The food was very good, the service was great (the waitress Lorraine was wonderful!) and the ambiance (overlooking Abbey river) was most satisfactory.
I would recommend the Absolute for good eating.

Room Tip: Try to get table near river-view window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped here through work for 3 nights. Hotel food ok but glad I wasn't paying! For food try The Oyster House on Georges Quay they do great steaks. On the Saturday night they had a function on and my room was on the 2nd floor and I could here them till 1am not good. Breakfast on Fri,Sun ok Think the chef must have phoned in sick on the Saturday.

Room Tip: Make sure your not above the function room or the same floor as the bar!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Sorry we only delivered 2/3. That clearly is not good enough and you have some fair comments. We really try to be careful on room allocations at weekends but I can see that our function disturbed you. I’ll take the feedback on the breakfast but any further clarification would be welcome so I might follow up

Kind regards
Donnacha Hurley
Donnacha@absolutehotel.com

Reviewed January 29, 2013

just back from weekend in absolute hotel in limerick had a great experience from the time we arrived all staff from reception to bar and restraurant couldnt b more helpful. rooms were fab and spotless. food was wery tasty,very well presented and reasonably priced.location was 10 minutes walk to city centre. when in limerick again we will definitely stay here

1  Thank halod
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I organised a reunion of old friends and about 30 of us stayed in this hotel. Facilities are excellent. Free secure underground parking, excellent reception staff, modern clean rooms. The group enjoyed themselves so much we never left the hotel bar to explore Friday night in limerick! We had great grub in comfortable surroundings and were not being overcharged for our drinks! Reservation staff were also very helpful during organisation part of the reunion! Great hotel, will be back!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just returned from a great trip to Ireland. We stayed in four hotels and found this to be our least enjoyable. The room was stark & modern, fine, but nothing great. The location was too far from the heart of the city and overall, the hotel didn't have a great feel to it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thanks for the feedback but I am disappointed we only delivered ok for you. That is never our intention but we understand sometimes in a hotel not everything clicks so to say for a guest. I hope that at least all the team you encountered were friendly and that we delivered good service.
Regards