Absolute Hotel
The Savoy Hotel(Limerick)
Railway Hotel(Limerick)
Pery's Hotel(Limerick)
2,059 results
All reviewsabbey riverbar and grillgreat hotelsuperior roommodern hotelking john's castlecity centresecure parkinghunt museumcar parkhotel restaurantgreat roombuffet styleboth nightsstayed here for one nighttop classwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this on laterooms and got a great deal. €89 for one night. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff were really helpful. I particularly liked the sheep artwork in the bedrooms. Also the rain shower was lovely!!There was free parking outside which was really useful. the hotel is about a 10 min walk to the city centre. We did not eat here so cannot comment on the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mareesa
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Loved loved loved this hotel, the staff were friendly, the food in the restaurant is London dining quality, excellent, best fishcakes I have eaten anywhere in the world! Small touches at breakfast, porridge served on a maple block with Irish honey and plump sultanas, first class dining. Rooms are spacious, modern, great views, comfortable large bed, tea, coffee & biscuits in the room and at last a salon quality hairdryer in the room. Super friendly staff, cannot fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for river room view and superior rooms are like mini suites, so worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blink99
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Absolute Hotel is conveniently located on the edge of Limerick City with free underground parking. Granted the car park is smallish but great on the very wet day we arrived in Limerick. The lady on Reception was quick, efficient and friendly. She checked us in very quickly and assurred us that should we decide to have breakfast all we had to do was to call her on Reception to avail of the €10 rate. Our room was on the 2nd floor. The lobby and hallways are clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The bedroom was huge. Very nicely decorated also with crisp, luxurious linen, lots of pillows and clean, fresh throws on the 2 twin beds. There was a full length mirror as well as 2 wall mirrors. Fluffy, white towels with 2 bath maths which I thought was a nice touch. It's so horrible having to step out of the shower onto a wet bath mat if one is not the first one to shower! Tea and coffee making facilities with the very nice addition of some Bewley's biscuits to nibble on. The only fault I had was the very loud noise from the traffic outside despite the double glazing and heavy curtains. I did not ask for a 'quiet' room - my own oversight. I will know better next time. I loved the vending machines in the hallways. However, I could not see any price lists so how would one know how much one was adding to one's bill when one swiped the room card??? I would prefer to pay on the spot if using such a facility. We had 'room only' so I cannot comment on breakfast. This is a lovely hotel with a lovely atmosphere and genuinely professional staff in place. Well done. I will definately stay for breakfast next time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a bedroom away from the road as the double glazing is not sound proof. Noise from the traffic quite loud in the bedroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in the absolute hotel and spa for three days. The reception area was really bright and spacious giving a homely feeling. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much to ask. The rooms were bright and spacious, warm and fitted with air conditioning which u could adjust to suit your needs. Of course not forgetting the 32" plasma screen. THere welcome pack was very informative and well written. what else could u ask for than to enjoy your breakfast overlooking the shannon . I would definitely stay again and will be reconmending it as the place to stay to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Absolute Hotel on a Saturday evening. The hotel was very full. This fact is relevant because they do not have enough parking spaces for a full hotel. In fact I think that they told us that they have 90 rooms and 55 parking spaces. Supremely inadequate.

The front desk staff is very friendly if not super knowledgeable.

We were checked into a room on the second floor with a lovely view of the river. When we first arrived into the room the windows were open and the bathroom door closed. The room was cold so we closed the windows and checked out the bathroom leaving the door open. When we returned from dinner the room stunk of sewage. We explained the problem to the front desk (Christian) and he very promptly and graciously moved us to the fourth floor. The rooms in general are spacious and very contemporary. The beds though are quite firm and the door to bathrooms are very noisy because they work with magnets.

Our first morning there we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It was a very nice full Irish buffet breakfast with the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, breads, coldcuts, cheeses, cereal and yogurt. Plus you had the option of ordering additional items off a menu. All included. Don't know if these prices are for all as we were traveling on a package but for us if we ordered breakfast from the front desk it was 10 E if you walked into the restaurant it was 12 E.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple