“A gem of a hotel”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin, Ireland
“A gem of a hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Having recently been in this hotel with a large group of people I can highly recommend it. The staff went above and beyond what was expected of them. They were friendly and courteous . We had dinner in the hotel restaurant on two nights and the food was fabulous. The hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance to everything. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Altaf Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right in the middle of town within walking distance of pretty much anything you would need; pubs, shopping, restaurants and some sites such as King John's Castle.

The staff was fantastic, the rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was included with our rate but would have been well worth the full price. It was very substantial and a great start to each day.

The only negatives that I experienced were probably random and I fully acknowledge they weren't really the hotels fault. That being said my room 7015 did not have AC, that sounds crazy but somehow my room heated up to 80 plus degrees by sundown even though it was a high of mid 60s and the only way to cool it off was to open the windows, but they only folded back a few degrees so consequently I would have to leave the curtains fully open. This eventually cooled the room but you could hear plenty of people on the street being loud and drunk every day of the week as late as 3 AM, plus 4 mornings in a row we heard a car alarm go off as if it was programmed to do so...

One half of the rooms (to my knowledge) had AC so I probably could have moved rooms potentially and really that was my only complaint. I think most other members in my group had AC or had a balcony door they could open for more flow.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of a school reunion lunch at this lovely hotel in limerick. I found the surroundings very pleasing to the eye and the seating areas comfortable. The staff from reception were friendly and helpful with information I needed and the dining room staff were also lovely and made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious and very good value. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any occasion and hope to be returning sometime soon.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

cork
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have just finished a three night stay at the George Hotel in Limerick and having stayed before we were delighted to find there has been no slip in standards since our last visit. The staff remain extremely courteous and friendly and no task is too great. The food in the bar is top quality and we stayed in an excellent room overlooking O'Connell Street.. The location of the hotel is ideal to visit a number of equally excellent restaurants in the area and the accommodation rates are very good value. We will return and would have no hesitation in recommending the George Hotel as a great place to unwind and to visit Limerick.
Derek + Deirdre

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s really great for our team to see positive feedback.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Bristol
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Bizarrely the most exciting thing out the George was having a bath in our bathroom! In addition the rooms were comfortable with a bed so huge and comfortable I thought I might not even leave the room! I was persuaded to do so and the George was ideally placed to visit all this city had to travel. We could even pop back to drop off the shopping, leaving empty hands for more shopping!
Breakfast was buffet style and consisted of he traditional fruit, yogurts and cereals as well as all the ingredients for an Irish breakfast or a continental breakfast. It even had a pancake machine, which I would have loved to have tested, but sadly never left enough space! The only downside of breakfast was that dishes were left to pile up on the table rather than being cleared.
Staff at the hotel were professional, helpful and friendly at all times. The bar was comfortable and welcoming. Even prices weren't too bad for a hotel bar. On one of our trips, we tested out the house cocktail which was delicious and I would certainly recommend to any other visitors.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times, it's always top of my list.

Location, location, location!
Right in the city centre and walking distance to all the shops and bars.

The restaurant and bar are perfect for any occasion. Great food, great cocktails and great atmosphere with live music most weekends.

The rooms are modern and cool, a perfect city hotel for anyone taking a trip to Limerick.
I absolutely LOVE this hotel, no matter what you are in Limerick for, it's ideal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

We hope to see you again very soon at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I love to stay at the George Boutique Hotel in Limerick when I am out with friends. Amazing hotel situated in the centre of Limerick. All top night spots within a short walk. The staff in the hotel are so friendly and helpful. The restaurant is intimate and the food is top quality. All of this for a reasonable price. Love the loyalty programme too.

• Stayed July 2014

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.