“Lovely Stay”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed with Friends for one night. Really good hotel, clean and welcoming. Location is in the heart of the city on main street. Really close to shopping, restaurants and night life. Rooms clean and sufficient. Staff helpful and friendy. We ate there as part of our package and it was really good. Hotel is a busy place but lots of staff on. Breakfast was just as good with large variety. No car park but have use of one 2 min walk at a great rate. Would recommend it. Really good restaurants and night life in Limerick City. We had a great time. Would go back to The George.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cdsc
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

Kind Regards

Altaf Khan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

...we arrived with a group and were really efficiently moved thru procedures...and the same with checkout in the morning! Our evening meal in the restaurant was really good and the waiter was above average. Very nice room with wifi and abundance of light. Really good value and we would definitely choose it again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank catahoula
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Catahoula

Thank you for posting your kind review. We hope your journey home was as smooth as your stay with us and we would like to think you will stay with us again on your next visit.

The George Boutique Team

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed in the George on Sunday night. Had a wonderful evening. The place was buzzing but had a lovely table, great food and very professional but friendly staff. Rooms were really lovely. Great value and would highly recommend it. Looking forward to staying again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gwendolen777

Dear Gwendolen

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I beleive you have stayed with us before and am delighted you chose to visit us again.

We look forward to being your Hotel of choice on your next visit to the City

The George Boutique Team

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and have a great experience from start to finish. Check in was quick and room was ready even though we were a little early. We ate in the bar on two nights and food and service was excellent. Rooms were cosy and even though there were hen and stag parties in the hotel we heard no noise. Hotel is ideally located for shopping in Limerick as its only minutes from main shopping areas. We parked in the car park at Dunnes stores very near hotel and rate was €18 from Thursday to Sunday. Great service and staff will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review.

It is always nice to hear that guests enjoyed our food as well as our accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

The George Boutique Hotel Team

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Probably my favourite hotel in Ireland is The George Boutique Hotel in Limerick City. I have stayed there before (although for some reason I didn’t review it) and this time I decided to stay there again. I stayed a total of 5 nights, the first night after my arrival and then 4 nights the next week. I was not disappointed with my choice.

My joy started when I made my reservation. From my past visits I knew that they offered a bed & breakfast option, but I could not find it on their website. It was only available for business travellers and only for one night at a time. So I decided to call them directly. When I explained what I wanted to do and that I had stayed there before the reservations clerk looked up my file and was more than happy to accommodate my request. What I really liked was that once he accessed my file he called me by name for the rest of the conversation.

My flight arrived from Toronto (via Newark) at 7:00 am. My daughter picked me up at the airport and suggested that I go to the hotel even though it was only 8:15. I was greeted at the desk by Elvyta who welcomed me back and said that since they knew I would be arriving early they had my room ready. Did I mention that it was 8:15 in the morning!
The room was a good size with a very comfortable double sized bed, a couch, two chairs a small table and a desk. There was also a small fridge. Now anyone who has been to Limerick knows that the municipal water tastes awful so having a fridge to keep water and beer in was a definite bonus.

The only complaint I have about the room was the desk and desk chair. The chair was too low and to type at the desk I needed to sit on two pillows. Once suitably raised I could not put my legs comfortably under the desk and had to type with my arms outstretched. For a hotel that considers itself a business person’s hotel this is unforgiveable.

The room was made-up every day and always looked very clean. The faucet on the sink needed to be fiddled with to ensure that it was completely shut off. The housekeeper did not do this so the hotel is wasting a lot of water.

On the Tuesday night of my stay my daughter met me after work and we decided to have a drink in the lobby bar. It had been a particularly bad day for both of us and we were quite distracted. We left the bar without paying the bill. When I returned about an hour later I realised my mistake and went in to settle my bill. When I explained my error, the barman’s only comment was “we knew you would be back”.

As I mentioned earlier I availed myself of the b&b option. They charged me an additional €5 for the breakfast. Some mornings it was buffet style while on others it was table service. The meal was always excellent with a good choice of breads and fruit to accompany the hot meal. There was also excellent porridge that I ate every day.

My flight home left at 9:00 am which meant that I needed to be at the airport at 7:00. Since breakfast was not served until 7:00 I enquired about the possibility of adjusting my bill. Of course they did this with no question.

All in all great service and a great room at a fantastic price. If I have call to return to Limerick there is no question where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Ask for 7003, a great room with a nice view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CdnWarthog

Thank you for your kind review. We hope you flight home was comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the South West of Ireland

The George Team

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed overnight wit a friend on the Spring saver deal.Great value.The cupcakes in the room on arrival were gorgeous.The room was lovely & very clean.The staff were so friendly & helpful.The only negative thing i could say us that the rooms were very very warm Sat morning!I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2013
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

dinner and breakfast were included in the price and the staff were friendly and attentive to everyone's need. I highly recommend it.
unfortunately no gym but the surrounding area is lovely for a stroll along the river.
the room decor remind me of the 60's but it is clean and wifi was included too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren A

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,