“Will stay again.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Will stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for a night. The hotel was really nice, staff friendly and room was lovely. We had strong wifi connection in the room which was really important for us. We ate in the bar, both of us had the Burger which was really nice and reasonably priced. We had a few drinks as well as there was good atmosphere in the bar. Had a good breakfast in the morning before checking out. Would definitely stay again as it is great location and lovely Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peugeotblue
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Staff were lovely food is great and the bar is great for quiet drinks and talking. Man at check in was very friendly and quick. Rooms was perfect except for the bed which seemed to have to single mattresses pushed together to make a double bed but I have noticed that most hotels have this now. It wasn't very uncomfortable, more of an annoyance. Even though is is pretty much in the heart of the city it is quiet and beautifully decorated. Would recommend to a friend and still go there for drinks after meal or if meeting friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gug S
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
• Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor in regards to your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

It is through your comments that we can hopefully improve on the standards and services we are offering to our guests on a daily basis.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reading, Berksire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 1 night stay, both rooms spotless and well proportioned. Easy check in, lovely polite girl on reception on Fri nite. Did have a noisy cistern but couldnt complain that it was an issue...check out as good as check in - we stayed on for breakfast which we paid €10 each for, was poor if you are a vegetarian (which 1 of us is) but I'm not so was happy. Would definately stay again, we stayed for a night out in the city and it was ideal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Claire008
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to all our guests.

Limrick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a meal at the George restaurant for a family occasion.When I explained it was my sister's wedding anniversary and she meet her husband in the George 30 year's,ago the give us a beautiful table.The waitress Natasha was very attentive,and checked in with me on a number of occasion's , The food was delicious and very well priced.The table was booked for 8 o clock and a 3 course meal including a half bottle of wine was €25 per person.There was a great choice and I will diffidently re visit'

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Caroline B
The George Bout... H, Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The gBK Restaurant in the very near future.

Tony Tynne
Bar Manager
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked a stay for 2 nights via a offer. Arrived on a Friday afternoon to spend 30 minutes trying to get key card, it was clear to see that man at front desk didn't know what he was doing. I went to park my car and my wife went up to the room the room was opened by staff. It was a very small room with a small fridge on the floor. We went out for a while and when I came back the 2 key cards did not work. Went down to reception to be told that the cards were for another room. We had dinner booked for Friday night and it was only average and staff were very slow with service. Our toilet in the room when flushed sounded like a train was about to come through the door a problem with the cistern. We spend a lovely Saturday at he market and shopping and on our return to the George we decided to have a quick drink and bite to eat. I asked for a plain toasted cheese sandwich to be told by the staff that the kitchen could not do it and then gave me the evening menu, I ONLY WANTED A TOASTED SANDWICH. Checked my receipt after ordering coffee scone and wine to be astounded to find out that they charge €7-00 for a glass of wine. Rip off Ireland! On our departure I spoke with reception and got a sheepish sorry and I'll pass on your concerns to management, I waited over a week and got no reply so I emailed last Wednesday got a prompt reply and again management would be in contact but what a surprise no reply to my mail. Best thing about the stay was Flannery's across the road wine at €4-50 and the Texas Steakout Restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Noelcos1976
Dear Sir

I am disappointed that your experience in the George Boutique Hotel was not in keeping with that of most of our guests. As a read through Trip Advisor will show we are normally complimented on our service levels and the quality of our product to the extent that 97% of our reviews over the last two years either rate a very good or excellent rating. I will be in contact with you directly to discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards

George Boutique Hotel
Belfast, N.Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst working in Limerick. Without exception, the staff were fabulous. Nothing was too much effort and they were very friendly. I was on my own and felt totally at ease in the restaurant in the evening. The early bird menu was very good value. I was upgraded from a single room to a double which was very welcoming. The only thing I could fault was that my room was quite noisy, as it overlooked a pub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerri123

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

Roscommon, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

No matter how good the hotels we stay in are I'm always sceptical of eating in Hotel Restaurants. It tends to be one bad experience after another, with the only exception I'd had before my stay in the George being the Castlecourt in Westport. We stayed in the George Limerick Friday 15/02/13 and initially our intention was to eat out in Limerick but my wife suggested we look at the menu in the hotel and perhaps just sit & relax without going too far, it being our first night without kids in a long time. I reluctantly went along. I enjoyed one of the best meals I have ever been served in a hotel Restaurant, with prompt polite service and a warm atmosphere, without the loud music. Great value.... great location..... excellent food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon R
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

Kind Regards