“Love this hotel- I stay here whenever I'm in Limerick!!”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Cork, Ireland
“Love this hotel- I stay here whenever I'm in Limerick!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As you can see from the title, I really enjoy staying in this hotel. I visit Limerick city quite a lot as I think it is a gorgeous place and The George Boutique would always be my first hotel of choice.

Just recently, I stayed here with my boyfriend (Mid November) and I stayed here again a month later (21 December) with 2 of my friends for a girly night away.

One of my main reasons for liking this hotel is the fantastic location- right in the heart of everything!!!!

The other reason is because the lady who works at the reception over night (Berit) is such brilliant craic and really accomodating. During my stay here with my boyfriend in November, I spoke with her for quite sometime and she actually really added to our night! Such a friendly face is brilliant to see at that time of the night- how she remains patient and keeps in such great spirits at 3am is amazing!!! It was great to be made feel so relaxed when speaking to staff.

I met her again during my stay in December and my friends also commented on how nice she was. I witnessed her dealing with 1 minor incident (a drunk,agressive and abusive Christmas party attendee) with complete composure, patience and dignity. Her ability to defuse the potential situation was commendable. She is a massive asset to the hotel and definitely made both my stays more enjoyable and also encouraged me to return!

There are a few negatives-
The bar and restaurant are pretty expensive However, this is expected when dining in a hotel in the city.
I also found the restaurant staff rather unhelpful and unfriendly (especially when contrasted with the bar/reception staff). On both occasions, they didn't seem to know what came with the dishes, etc. and I found they were borderline rude when dealing with me. As a result, I chose to dine outside of the hotel where possible. This was fine and didn't tarnish my experience as Limerick has a lot to offer when it comes to restaurants.

Also I have to add that the bouncers at the doors at night time are the soundest bouncers I've ever met (unusual for bouncers I know)!! Again, they made you feel welcome and at ease. Their patience and cheery disposition was a great sight to see upon arrival back at the hotel after sampling the nightlife in Limerick.

I would recommend this hotel for girly nights away, couples and families.

Thanks George Boutique! I will be gracing ye with my presence again soon no doubt!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AMurphy21
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

Altaf Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was greeted with a smile and warmth as soon as I entered the hotel, from the reception team to the restaurant team.

My room was quiet and well laid out, as a business traveller it had all I needed and free use of wifi which is important to me.

I would stay here again when I am in Limerick, great central location

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alistair B
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.

kildare
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here on business - Very difficult to locate as entrance not on O'Connell Street as indicated but off O'Connell Street.

Car Parking - problem as hotel has no car park - option to street park or use public car park at reduced rate.

On checking in they had difficulty finding my confirmed booking.

Very Impersonal service - breakfast was ok but had to ask for toast and also had to ask the location of cereals and juices. Not much assistance.

In general the visit was acceptable for a one night business overnight but one night enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph H
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

As regards our parking, unfortunately we do not have a car park of our own. However we have special rates we 2 car parks which are located in the next block to the hotel.

Option 1: Howleys Quay Car Park. Entrance is located on Henry Street
Overnight parking is FREE; 18.30 to 08.00 weekdays – Free; 18.30 to 10.00 weekends – Free; Maximum Day Rate or 24 hours is €7.50; 3 day pass: €15; Weekly pass: €20; Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Sunday, park anytime on Friday until anytime on Sunday.

Option 2: Harvey’s Quay Car Park (Above Dunnes Stores). Entrance is located on the Quay Side. 18.00 to 08.30 weekdays – €6 (discounted charge) – payable at pay station in Car Park; €8.50 twenty-four hour charge payable at pay station in Car Park; Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Monday; Weekly pass 7 days €18.00.

I hope the above information will be of assistance to you and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here in January with my girlfriend and wee booked a king size room on madness offer on the George Boutique Hotel website. It was a really great like George hotel.The staff of the hotel is the asset and so helpful specially shiv-am in bar and Lukaz in the restaurant.The food is great and worth the price.Will definitely b back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nitin01
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great hotel in Limerick city literally 1 min from shops pubs and reataurants. Rooms really modern couldn't fault anything. We stayed for one night including breakfast incredible value. We also had dinner in the bar early bird menu 3 course for 17.95 delicious. would thoroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank zannadus
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed in the George Boutique Hotel last weekend upon recommendation from 2 friends and I wasn't disapointed. I found the staff very friendly and welcoming and ever willing to assist with several queries I had. The room was of a high standard and spotless which was excellent as I'm a stickler for cleanliness.
I found the food to be of a high quality and it was good to see that one hadn't to wait long between courses. Added to that I found the price of the food to be very favourable, indeed a lot better priced that I would have expected. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and although the hotel was very busy it still maintained a very relaxed ambience.
When I'm next in Limerick I'll be back to George without a doubt, well done to all!
Daniel S

Room Tip: I spoke to several other guests that had room in various parts of the hotel and all were complimenta...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Co. Down
Reviewed January 7, 2013

While staying in outside Limerick city we found a great place to eat & drink The George Boutique Bar & Restaurant. WOW is all I can say ... excellent value for money with a 3 course meal for 17.99euro!! Service and staff wonderful and very accommodating, especially to dietary requirements! Fresh, tastey, lovely ambience and great value for money!

Room Tip: Excellent Restaurant & Bar Food & Service!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brassy35
The George Bout... H, Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The gBK Restaurant in the very near future.

Tony Tynne