“Great fun”

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was staying in a dump of a hotel outside of Limerick City at the end of our trip to Ireland. I was in Limerick over 20 years ago, was very sketchy then. Took a chance and a cab (with a wonderful driver) into the city. First had an amazing dinner at the Locke, then walked to Nancy Blake's. Far and away the best pub we went to in Ireland, maybe anywhere. Cool surroundings and all local people. The real thing as they say. Great friendly bar tenders. Stopped in next door to the Outback where an awesome (non trad) band was playing. Probably the best night in Ireland. Would love to return again some day.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank annarose22

essex uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A boozer for all people”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Was introduced to Nancy Blake,s by my girlfriend she being Irish and me English.Found the place to be a great boozer .When we was living in Ireland we and her family had some great nights in there.and all ways met up there early on Xmas eve.I used to use it during the day for a quite pint and all ways found the bar staff to be ok the drinks good and snacks good to.Never had any trouble with the bouncers neither,in fact was only refused ever refused entry to one boozer and that was Flannerys even though I was with her family I did have a hoodie on which had a small union jack on pehaps that was the reason because i was not drunk so thet could not have been the reason.Anyway Nancys gets my vote for a great night out for people of all ages.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank peter n
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Only thing missing was live Irish music!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a great pub, with several rooms, rustic feel, and lovely Irish feel. We were there on a Saturday night, which slightly jaded me...there was ridiculously loud DJ going on outside playing terrible American music (yes, I'm American, but didn't want that while over there!). I understand its in the city center and lots of locals go, but was just slightly disappointed.

The vibe was great, and if they threw in an Irish music scene I would have given them 10 out of 5 stars!

Visited August 2013
galway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantasic place”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went out in limerick on Thursday night 27th went to a few bars all very quiet with no atmosphere then came across Nancy's were the place was packed with a great atmosphere and a brilliant band. Music was great, atmosphere was great couldn't ask for any more!

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
“Great Jazz on sunday afternoon”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

went there after limerick tipp match,nice crowd ,staff very good and friendly,prices much the same as rest of limerick,would go there again

Visited June 2013