“Good choice”

Limerick Strand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

They were refurbishing the rooms but kept any noise just during the work day. Maybe that is why the rate was only $153 Euros total for two nights. Best value we experienced. Hotel is on the river but just on the edge of the central district so easy in and out. You can walk to most places from there. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,684)

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I had been a sales rep for 15 years and there are a few things I look for in a room .
Wi fi
Power shower
Tv channel selection
Comfy bed ....
Most of all clean..
This hotel ticked all the boxes
The only issue I had in the hotel was slow service in the restaurant..... but when food came it was top quality. ..

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I organised a 20 year reunion for a group of nurses in the Strand hotel last weekend and it was a great success, partly due to the hotel and staff. In dealing with the hotel in the organising of it they were a pleasure and very accommodating. The meal was fantastic and great value for money,We had customised menus on our table when we arrived. The head chef ensured all the guests were content and he provided ice sculptures with desert treats after the meal. The staff were very obliging and kind and had a lovely natural way with their customers. We stayed overnight and had a very comfortable stay, and the breakfast the following morning was excellent. All agreed that it would be a popular choice again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night. Great location, just a hop and a skip across the bridge to the city centre. We were on a shopping trip and decided to go out for the night. The helpful reception staff gave us directions and were very pleasant. The rooms are nice, bright and very clean - everything you would expect really.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends in future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CabaisteHead
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for our honeymoon and when we told the front desk they said congrats in a forced tone and clearly didn't mean it, then here's your room and breakfast is not included in your stay, no upgrade, no options to make it memorable, they could have cared less!! When asking about the spa they gave us a brochure and brushed us aside for the next guest. We travel over 3,000 miles for this?! They charged us extra for access to the business lounge which had no air circulation and was stifling hot. The hotel room was boiling hot, the safe was broken, there was only 1 towel when we checked in. When we went downstairs to eat, my wife overhears a desk clerk offering to put rose petals on the bed for a straight couple staying there for their anniversary. I'm reporting this hotel to as many agencies and trip reviews that I can. What an awful experience by a clearly discriminatory hotel.

Room Tip: Stay where they actually care about you and your experience, the Limerick Strand Hotel clearly didn...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good location, short walk over the bridge to the city centre. Large rooms with good desk space for working.
Nice spa / pool, good gym. Weirdly you have to wear a swim hat in the pool, even though i have little hair!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richard m
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in The Limerick Strand Hotel. The receptionist was extremely welcoming and helpful. Check-in was so easy. The room itself was spacious and had everything I expected. I understand there are some rooms with views over Limerick and while mine did not have such a view I was not going to be in the room long enough to enjoy so it did not matter. I tried room service which was excellent and speedy (as well as tasty). A little more expensive than one would like but I have no complaints. The bed was comfortable and all in all a great stay. My only complaint is about the lift. It does require you to enter your room key to use and this certainly made me feel secure but the process of using the key to get the lift to go to the relevant floor is not well explained in the lift itself. This allowed me an unscheduled trip to a number of floors. Still it is a minor complaint. There is plenty of secured car parking at a charge . The hotel is only a short walk for all that Limerick has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends