Limerick Strand Hotel
$101
Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
$115
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$80
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$176
  • Pool
$93
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

2,825 results
All reviewsthe riveracross the bridgejunior suitecity centrelovely hotelthe executive loungewedding receptionthomond parkking john's castlefunction roomcar parkgreat roomtop classwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendfrom start to finishhen party
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is lovely. The views of Llimerick from the 6th floor are fantastic.

Food is excellent. Breakfast brilliant. There is a buffet and chef on duty will do poached eggs or omelettes as you wait. The quality of the food is great.

Now for the downers! I was unable to turn off a/c in room, despite trying. The noise from the unit is not conducive to sleep. There is a charge for parking, but then again, so what. The hotel does not own the car park so you have to pay. That's fine.

My experience on check in was flawless. My experience on check out was terrible. My room was booked by employer under employer credit card, but would man at desk leave me out with out paying myself - no he would not. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding at booking, but it was awkward when trying to check out.

this is why I have marked as 'average' rather than 'very good'. If I was to mark as 'poor' it would not be fair to the hotel.

Would I return - yes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here mid week for a business stay booked off the strength of the reviews on this site. Check in was nice and easy and the underground car park seems like a great and safe place to leave your car (€6 overnight). On opening my room it was clear straight away that the hotel has seen better days and was in need of some repair work. There were some horrible stains on the carpet that were a good 12 inches wide in points, there was also a very botched repair on the ceiling where they had obviosly had water damage from the room above at some point. The room also had a faint smell of smoke in the room which is odd from a non smoking hotel. it wasnt until I looked a little deeper that it became clear that the room hadnt been cleaned properly as there was black fluff on both the carpets and the one of the chairs in the room, but it was the hairs in the bathroom that were the real let down as they were literally everywhere. At this point I made a call to reception to ask to be moved to another room which the staff were very ploite and apologetic about. The manager came up to see me in the room I had complained about and could see for himself that there was clearly an issuie and again apiologised and took me to the next room. This room was a liitle better with less stains and no marks on the ceiling but there was a cigarette burn on the carpet, again odd for a no smoking hotel. Things seem fine on first glance and so I settled in, but then when I had a more detailed look later there were again a lot of hairs in the battroom. Unfortunatley this is just not good enough for a hotel of this standard. The bed was comfotable even thought it was 2 smaller beds pushed together and they still left a good inch gap between them. Shower was good and was hot and powerful enough. The heating did not seem to be coping so well and even on maximum temperature I still found the room to be a little cold. Breakfast was ok and the choice of food was reasonable and seemed fresh enough. Overall this hotel presents itself very well from the outside, communal areas and the photos they use to promote the place, however look a little deeper and you will find a hotel that is in need of some repair and updating and defeintely needs to hire a new team of cleaners. Ok for the money but that is all im afraid.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a wonderful stay - my first time - in the Strand hotel. The young lady at reception was efficient and friendly and made us feel very very welcome. Even allowed us an early check-in!

A great first impression! Lovely large rooms. A perfect location for shopping and seeing the sights of Limerick. Dinner on the night was excellent. Didn't use the spa or have breakfast on this trip. Would definitely stay in the Strand hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I loved this hotel. The family room was a fantastic size, we were made to feel very welcome and the guy at the front desk was incredibly accomodating. However the first unexpected cost was the extra charge for the car park which I would have expected to be free for stayinhg guests. Also, on checking out I was presented with a 5 euro charge for my daughter's breakfast - she's 3 years old and had half a bowl of rice krispies - dearest cereal I've ever had to purchase!! I would stay in the hotel again definitely but next time I will bring spare change for the hidden extras!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for girls reunion... Could not fault the place. We had a balcony suite- well worth the upgrade cost. Massive room beautifully decorated, very classy. Felt like a film star. Enclosed glass balcony with fAntastic views. Amazing deal included dinner, wine and breakfast all of which were great. Couple of tiny niggles- breakfast made to order omelette was a bit strange with fillings just spooned into the middle after cooking rather than cooked within it but still nice enough. Also noise from inconsiderate neighbouring guests- not the hotels fault but still disturbed us for a while. Overall though would say I'd come back in a heartbeat. In fact I might just go and book it now!!

• Stayed: February 2013