“Awesome Irish Pub”
Review of The Glen Tavern

The Glen Tavern
Ranked #5 of 300 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, European
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Glen Tavern is situated in the heart of Limerick just off the main artery of O’Connell St. A warm welcoming pub, all the convenience of city life but very much a family run establishment.Known for it’s great value lunches and daily specials, all dietary needs are catered for and children’s portions are available.We cater for parties and have a function area for all occasions – parties, meetings etc.The Glen is a great sporting pub, hurling, soccer, golf and rugby to name but a few. All sports are catered for and all games can be watched live on our many t.vs and screens.We take pride in keeping our traditions so specials of the house like Irish Stew and Irish Coffees are available daily. A sample of our lunch menu is attached, although our homemade soups and specials change daily.A lively pub with live music, good beer, great pint and wholesome food.Traditional Irish music sessions on Monday nights.
Santa Monica, California
“Awesome Irish Pub”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you're looking for an authentic Irish pub this is THE place. Excellent food, great beer and whiskey selection and fast friendly service. I had a fantastic time here. I definitely recommend this place!

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good to see you on trip adviser Jerry!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I often wondered why this pub and eatery wasn't on TA.

I concur with the positive comments. It's a great pub downtown Limerick.

The food is particularly good.

Visited September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“nice”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Nice local atmoshere. Food was excellent and the beer of course:))).Reasonable prices.close to the river.

• Visited November 2013
Northern California
“True Irish Hospitality”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My sister and I stopped in for dessert and tea for my birthday and were lucky enough to get to hear a family of musicians. The desserts were delicious and we had a great time listening to the music. I unfortunately dropped my scarf on the floor and did not realize it until we got to Killarney. When I called The Glen Tavern to locate it, everyone I spoke with was so kind and helpful. When my sister and I arrived at our B&B in Kinsale, my scarf was waiting for me. My brother had just given it to me as a gift from his trip to Prague, so getting it back meant the world to me. Thank you to everyone at The Glen Tavern. If I am ever in Limerick again, I will definitely stop in.

• Visited October 2013
Cologne, Germany
“A home from home”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Living in Germany, we don't get to Limerick often, but when we do, the Glen Tavern is our home away from home. The ambience is second to none, the staff are so hospitable, and the range and quality of the freshly-prepared food is great (I see others raving about the Irish stew, which we've yet to try, but the seafood chowder is my personal favourite). The added touches are inspirational, particularly the 'on-the-house' basket of nibbles (chips, black pudding etc.) which arrive half-way through the evening. And the music is mighty, without being intrusive when you're having a chat. Can't recommend the Glen highly enough.

• Visited November 2013