“de-stressing at escape day spa,Absolute hotel,Limerick”

Vanilla Browns Day Spa & Hair Salon
More attraction details
Owner description: 5 star luxury day spa and hair salon in The Absolute hotel Limerick, specialising in face, body, medi spa and hair treatments. Bringing the most up to date treatments and our very own Irish indigenous products to Limerick women for the ultimate retreat and rejuvenation.
limerick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“de-stressing at escape day spa,Absolute hotel,Limerick”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just come back from the wonderful escape spa @ the Absolute hotel,I found the surroundings serene & very calming,it was extremly clean & the staff were curtesy & helpful.The therapist who gave me the massage was very professional & left me feeling totaly refreshed & ready for the weekend,keep the good work up I will be definatley seeing you soon.

Visited September 2012

Limerick, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fab spa”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I always went to one particular spa in Limerick for some pampering. I got a voucher for Escape spa as a present and to be honest I was a bit disappointed as it was not my usual spa!

I can not fault escape beauty and day spa. I absolutely loved my self indulgent trip here for a massage and facial! The staff are lovely and helpful. The ambiance is fabulously relaxing and I cannot wait for my next trip there!

Don't forget a trip to Vanilla Browns hair salon after your pampering, I would highly recommend Elvisa, she has to be one of the best in Limerick. A lot of friends and family have started going to her too and everyone is delighted with their hair since! :)

Visited March 2012
newport, co. tipperary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“spa only, not hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

i was at the spa last friday with a friend, it was for our birthdays but it was not good at all, it was dark and dreary,dirty floors proved by putting wet feet back into white slippers they were dirty it was gross,toilet bowls dirty,showers in thermal rooms dirty, steam room not hot enough and jacuzzi was out of order, i would have preferred a refund at this point but none was offered, hand soap was cien soap and im sure thats lidl or aldi brand?? in a spa.. ridiculous.No towels in locker or tokens to lock them, my friend found hair bobbins and bikini strings in pocket of her dressing gown, which was pretty disgusting to be honest,nothing regarding health and safety was mentioned,then a repair man came in while we were in the salt room and neither of us could leave till he was gone, no warning or nothing,treatments were ok, nothing special, i didnt however understand why i was still laying on massage bed having nails filed for manicure and pedicure, surely that part should have been done in the nail room, where i was only for the painting of my nails, so all in all, it wasnt very relaxing it was actually stressful in my eyes, i kept wondering what next! the staff however were very nice and did what the could to help us, but overall the spa was utter rubbish and i would never ever go there again even for free..

1 Thank joss h
Limerick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Escape Spa - Absolute Hotel Limerick”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This review is for the Escape Spa in the Absolute Hotel Limerick. If you would like to enjoy a relaxing Spa day then avoid Escape at all cost. My friend and I both received a spa package from our husbands to have a relaxing and stress free afternoon. We were really looking forward to our treatments and to catch up. We had arranged to have a light lunch (part of the package) before our treatments. Well, it really is a light lunch. There are only 5 food choices on the menu and are just a starter. When we finished our "lunch", we went back to the Spa where we were brought to the relaxation room. First impressions were not very good. The relaxation room was very small, and the beds were more or less behind each other, the duvets were very wrinkled, very unattractive duvet covers and a good clean would not go astray. No water or other refreshments or magazines in this room. Only good thing was the river view. Thankfully we did not have to "relax" in this room for very long. We were shown to the changing rooms. Again, first impressions not great. We did not have a token to lock our lockers, the bathrobes were a horrendous beigy colour (what happened to crisp white), the belt on the bathrobe didnt match, and I found bikini straps and hair gogo's from a previous Spa user in my pocket. The showers could def need a good scrub, the toilet bowls had nasty stains and the soap dispenser was from Aldi (Cien). The complementary shampoo's etc were Tesco's and Aldi's homebrand. Nothing wrong with that, but definitely not something you would expect in a supposedly luxurious Spa. No towels for us either. All of this did not fill us with much confidence for our treatments, so we expressed our concerns and disgust to the girl in charge, she was very apologetic and that she would give us an extra treatment, free of charge and she told us, we would be very happy with our treatment. We decided to give this Spa another chance and in fairness, what else could go wrong? Anyway, we had an hour in the thermal suites first and when the girl showed us around, she told us she had only found out that the Jacuzzi was out of order!! A lot of apologies and another free treatment was on offer and again, we were guaranteed the treatments would be of a high standard. The thermal suite was not very inviting at all, a little bit too dark for our liking. The steam room wasnt the right temperature (too cold), the Sauna was nice, the Salt Room was very cold and the tropical showers, well what can I say ... not great. Just as we were going to relax on the heated loungers, some guy turned up to look at the out of order Jacuzzi!! No warning, he just turned up. Not very professional. We spent an hour in these thermal suites, without the Jacuzzi this was too long. I cannot comment on my friend's treatment, but Im sure she'll leave her own review, as we were in separate rooms. The girl who did my treatments did not ask me to fill out a form, nor did she ask about any allergies etc. I received a back massage, which was ok. My facial was ok and my skin still feels nice and soft the day after the treatment, but when you use Dermalogica products you do expect that. Nothing to do with the treatment as such. Anyone can slap on an exfoliating mask etc. I was supposed to receive a full manicure with hand and arm massage, but it left a lot to be desired. My make-up application (the other free treatment) was ok. My eye make-up was gorgeous, but I felt like I was wearing a mask as the foundation etc was extremely heavy. When I told the girl, she said it was evening make-up. I left it at that, because I was getting tired from complaining at this stage. My husband thought the make-up looked horrendous and I needed about 7 facial wipes to clean it off. Not nice! The two girls giving us the treatments were absolutely lovely and were doing their utmost to give us a nice afternoon, but they can do only so much. This Spa leaves an awful lot to be desired and could do with a lot of improving on everything!! Even the water dispenser is not working properly. Only gives out lukewarm water and the only to be found on the premises is in the thermal suite. This whole experience was a waste of money!

11 Thank Elly A