“Great Value and Friendly staff”

Clayton Hotel Limerick
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Limerick, Ireland
“Great Value and Friendly staff”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again everything was excellent room clean and great view of River great Breakfast and staff were very helpful previously when last here I was critical of the steam room being out of order happy to report all in the pool area is working and clean will return again. Location of hotel is great on river and a very short stroll to city centre.

• Stayed June 2013
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear that you are a return guest. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review on our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August and enjoyed our stay. We requested a room up high with a view and that's what we got. The rooms are big and comfortable. Definitely the best hotel we stayed at in Ireland for this price range. The bar and restaurant were busy and looked like a good time, but we already made plans to eat off site. Our only complaint would be the shower. The water pressure was not good and the shower head was broken. If you're planning on parking and only staying the night, you can park on the street for free from 6:30pm - 9:30am. The reception will try and convince you to park in their lot, but I had no problems parking on the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful panoramic views from all our bedrooms. I am also happy to hear that you found the atmosphere in the bar area to be very good. In regards to the car park, we don’t own our own so the revenue generated from this area is billed back to the car park operators. There is no free on street car parking and we do encourage everyone to secure their car in the 24 hrs multi car park. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

stayed two nights here with friends recently and really enjoyed it. Rooms very clean, staff friendly and very helpful, breakfast second to none, loads to choose from. Bar food and dinner menu...great choices even for children. Used the spa facilities to the full and enjoyed them. Walking distance from city centre. Great shopping, great weekend entertainment. Would visit Limerick again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the shannon and city itself.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to read that you found our food, staff and the service excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Prosperous, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Had my hen party here in July. Great value for money. Ideal location as walking distance to city centre. Staff couldn't do enough for us. Dinner was lovely and plenty of food for breakfast. Rooms were nice and large especially for a triple room.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your 5 stars and for your wonderful review on our hotel. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this review. I am delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Tipperary, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Clarion Steamboat Quay limerick and very disappointed, first you pay €8.50 per night to park car across the road in eurocarparks and the hotel reception think this is fine and no apology about it, room was described as superior and was far from this, carpet grubby, chairs grubby, beds badly made!!, toilet clean but grubby also and paint peeling off walls, grubby marks on walls in room also, no complimentary water,toothpaste in vending machines, ordered breakfast for room, €5.00 additional charge and breakfast collected wile we were out and left on landing window legde in hallway for 2 days, overcharging at bar as we ordered for 1 and as we shared the same meal we were charged for 2 or €16.00 instead of €8, at kudos bar kitchen staff constantly wheeling food trolleys through bar and only thai food available, what if you want more varied food!!, they try at every chance to take money off you!!, not 4 stars, never again, b&b would be better!, very poor!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MIKEOS2013
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read that you would not recommend our hotel to other guests. I am very sorry to hear that you found your bedroom to be of a poor standard. This is certainly not the normal standard in my hotel, we work hard to ensure that the hotel is kept very clean and that it is presented well every day of the week. We receive many very positive comments on our hotel and in particular our friendly and welcoming staff. We do inform all our guests of the additional charge for car parking as we are a city centre hotel and do not have our own car park. We do this on the phone to every reservation if they book directly, it is on our website and all 3rd party websites and we also include this information on all our confirmation emails sent to our guests. Should you be returning to the area, I would appreciate if you could drop me an email directly so that I can make sure that we take very good care of you. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager (ituohy@clarionhotellimerick.com)
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really nice hotel with friendly staff excellent breakfast. Rooms very nice and spotlessly clean. Very central location and would definitely return. Only negative was the pool area was very small. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your 5 stars and the wonderful review on our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. All our staff are very friendly and helpful and I am glad to read that you had the same experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are very disappointed with our stay at the Clarion Limerick. It is well rated on tripadvisor so we thought we'd be ok. Greeted by staff who seemed annoyed to be working. The man who checked us in made a motion like he was activating the second card but did not really activate it. When I saw what he did, I thought "surely, he didn't just MAKE like he's activating it and not really activating it". Sure enough, he did just that as the second key never worked. He also did not inform me of the summer children's activities offered but did find out through a flyer posted in the elevator.
We picked this hotel because of the pool and gym only to find out later that the pool closes at 7pm and gym opens up at 8am. If you want to get your morning workout at a decent hour, forget it! Then the gym staff was very rude to my children who wanted to use the whirlpool and was told they could not use it. This happened after a family with children just left the whirlpool.
Our bed was crushed and slanted. Bathroom smelled of smoke. Noise/music from the street could be heard even from the upper floors.
Overall, a very disappointing experience. Would NOT recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hulacowgirl
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read that you would not recommend our hotel to other guests. We receive many positive comments on our friendly and welcoming staff. Almost all the comments posted on trip advisor say this; however I do take your comments on board and will it to the attention of my team. Regarding the whirlpool, it is a standard health and safety rule in Ireland that young adults under the age of 18 are not allowed in these areas as the high temperatures are considered un safe for this age group, I am very sorry if the staff in this area came across as rude as this was not their intention. Should you be returning to the area, I would appreciate if you could drop me an email directly so that I can make sure that we take very good care of you. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager (ituohy@clarionhotellimerick.com)