“Fantastic experience- highly recommended”

Clayton Hotel Limerick
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here recently, a group of 29 of us for a hen night and I cannot rate the hotel and it's service and offerings highly enough. We were given a floor where all our rooms were together which meant a) we were all together and able to call in and out to each other's rooms and b) gave the other guests some peace and quiet! We availed of a fantastic deal from the hotel with the very reasonable package inclusive of accommodation, 4 course meal, a glass of bubbly for all before the meal and a cocktail for all after the meal. Prior to our arrival. the hotel had sorted all the rooms out and made the whole experience a seamless and stress free one! The rooms were spacious, bright and clean. One major highlight for us was the quality of the food- the selection on offer on the menu was fantastic and the food itself was amazing. I opted for the Thai coconut chicken curry - if you are staying at the hotel, make sure to try it, it was mouth-watering! The staff were so accommodating and helpful and I could not fault one single aspect of our whole time there. The location was perfect and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your 5 stars and the wonderful review on our hotel. I am delighted that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us and you found your experience excellent. We really appreciate you taking the time to write your really positive review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Warm welcome, competent staff.
Really enjoyed my stay here.
There a lovely atmosphere here and while it does have 15 levels, there is no hint of the hotel being overcrowded.

Even though there was a hen party when we were staying, this did not affect our sleep.
Central location which saves you money on taxi fares.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a carpark. However you will be able to park in the multi storey car park at...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments on our warm and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here earlier in the year midweek for a night on business, only paying €63 for a twin toom.

It is a fantastic looking tall hotel overlooking the bay with very modern rooms, an airy feel, nice bar, super comfortable beds and four star facilities. The views are superb.

I arrived with a sick stomach at 12.30 feeling tired and weak, one and a half hours before check in, and really needed to lie down. I asked the receptionist would it be possible to check in early given the circumstances and she could not have been more helpful. She immediately told me it was no problem, and to sit down when she checked me in so I didn't have to stand for any longer. She then asked if I would like help with my bags, and if she could do anything else to help. I was incredibly grateful at the time, when I really needed some assistance the lady gave it willingly.

It is the little things that make all the difference, and for that reason alone this hotel will always be top of my list in Limerick.

Room Tip: higher up rooms give striking views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the wonderful panoramic views from all our bedrooms. I am happy to hear that you found all our staff very good and friendly. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I love this hotel, it has everything you are looking for. Really beautiful, overlooking the Shannon. it is very central but that it feels very far away from the hustle and bustle of life in a City. The rooms are very comfortable and the bar is relaxed with a good atmosphere. If you want to eat there you can. But we decided to have a walk and a look around to see what kind of restaurants were on offer in Limerick. The staff are very warm and helpful. We had a drink on the deck just outside the hotel which overlooked the Shannon. Most relaxing. The Hotel is lovely and clean and very modern with all mod cons. I would recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Limerick.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 stars and for your wonderful review on our hotel. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this review. I know that other guests will find this very helpful when selecting their next stay in Limerick. I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us excellent and our staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel with nice bar and restaurant, easy walking distance in to town. I almost didn't book it because the rate €48 (ex parking and breakfast) seemed suspiciously low.
We had a lovely view along the Shannon into town but that was probably just luck, the view from the other side of the hotel appeared to be a building site/scrapyard.
I would stay here again but I would ask for confirmation of which way my room was facing.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GeordieGirl99
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments, glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that you enjoyed the bar & restaurant experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night midweek as I had an early meeting in Limerick the following morning.

Reception staff were very helpful, room was clean, carpets were spotless, bathroom was also spotlessly clean. The food in the restaurant wasn't great and needs some work, but the staff made up for it.

Free newspapers and plenty of privacy for a lone woman wanting a quiet evening to eat, read and sleep in comfort. The bar was busy with other business guests on laptops, eating dinner, etc..

Breakfast was a full breakfast menu, fresh hot food with good coffee.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful panoramic views from all our bedrooms. Our staff are all very friendly and helpful and I am glad to read that you experienced the same. I do wish to apologize regarding the quality of your food, we do have a new menu been launched this Wednesday. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent the weekend here with friends. Hotel is perfect for a weekend in Limerick city. Location is great, right on the river Shannon. Food is lovely with a good choice for breakfast and the evening meal.The staff is very helpful and friendly. Our rooms were very comfortable and clean, no problem getting extra towels or bedding.Parking is just across the road and is reasonably priced.guests get a discount at the Bellissimo Hair & beauty salon just up the road. I think they cater for the guys too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your 5 stars. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding our wonderful staff, we all really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.