“Great Stay”

Clayton Hotel Limerick
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a great stay, thanks to all the caring staff for making our weekend break a great one.
Quick check in, the second floor room was clean, comfortable and a good size for my husband and I. Only complaint was missing towels from the bathroom but a call to reception and that was sorted quickly. The staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly and helpfull, quick enough that we didnt feel we were forgotten about but not that quick that we felt rushed, plenty of chat. I would definately agree with other reviewers that the location was good though I'm sure our view would have been better if we were on a higher floor. Breakfast in the morning was ok

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to read that you found our food, staff and the service excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here on Friday night - great room on the 13th floor with a super view up the river and over the city. It's a very handy place and we were able to walk into the city very easily. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good 'buzz' about the bar area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your review and for giving us 5 stars. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. The staff in the bar were superb. They were professional, friendly and I noticed how well they interacted with families and children. Any special food requirements were also catered for. The rooms were very nice and cozy. I really felt at home in this hotel. The outstanding point being its staff and their customer service. Excellent!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your 5 stars. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding our wonderful staff, we all really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

this is a lovly hotel great views of tge river but ask for the city side of the hotel better view. food was great and you have to try the pool. you right next to the city. one let down but not bad was the car park not attaced to the hotel but not a long walk

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you also enjoyed the wonderful river view from your bedroom. Thank you for your wonderful comments on our food. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion in Limerick at the end of October. It was an excellent hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel has a great location in Limerick. It is on the river with the rooms actually overlooking the river. We could walk everywhere from the hotel. The staff were more than helpful. The breakfast was really nice but the evening meals could be better selection and pricing. They could do with some more staff for food service as the wait was too long as staff were too busy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful views from all our bedrooms. All our staff are very friendly and helpful and I am glad to read that you experienced the same. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait a little longer than expected for your food, this is not normally the case. I will be highlighting your comments with my operations team.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I chose the Clarion Limerick for my sisters hen.. and we were not disappointed. I got a lot of advice and help when booking and confirming our stay. Mary-Claire went above and beyond to help me with the booking and really went out of our way to make us feel welcome. All the staff were so friendly and helpful at the hotel.. really made us feel welcomed. Thanks too to Alex in reception who helped us out and was very patient! I haven't stopped talking about this hotel since our stay last weekend... I couldn't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: Penthouse room was phenomenal! The views and the facilities provided were amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your 5 stars and the wonderful review on our hotel. I am delighted that you and your hen party really enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your overall experience excellent. I will pass on your comments to both Mary Claire & Alex. Best of luck with the rest of the wedding plans. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Limerick - an undervalued city unfortunately - to watch a play in the new (and splendid) Lime Tree Theatre. The hotel is right by the river Shannon and affords really great views of the city (unevenly numbered rooms) or surrounding area (evenly numbered rooms). The rooms are ok although it could do with a lick of paint every here or there. The pool is on the small side but overlooks the river and is worth a visit for that reason alone. What disappointed was the bland and predictable food both for dinner and breakfast - it all felt a bit tired, lacking in inspiration, creativity and, well, taste. Would I return? Yes - but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read that you found our food lacking inspiration and creativity, we receive a lot of great feed back on our food and we feel that our Asian menu in the bar area is different and usual compared to all our competitors. I am glad to hear that you would return to us and when you are, please feel free to drop me a line directly so that I can make sure that we take very good care of you. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager (ituohy@clarionhotellimerick.com)