“Would return”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Ireland
“Would return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights bed and breakfast with friends and our kids. Everyone had a great time. Breakfast was great as kids had brill choice and the staff on for breakfast were very pleasant and helpful. Receptionist all very helpful and pleasant with lovely smiles which really helps. After reading other reviews I was bit wary but glad I stuck with choice. Only prob that I had was the rooms were bit hot at night and the changing room floor in leisure cent re could be cleaned a bit more frequently but not overly bad. maybe changing the umbrella over the hot tub might help also and cleaning the play area down and repainting but these points are very small and only could enhance the hotel further.
would recommend that they might look at having a kids hour with staff member as it would def be a plus for the parents

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank livelife29
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Many thanks for comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your comments that I have passed on to our General Manager.
Hope to see your eturn to the hotel in the future.
Kind Regards
Tom Shanahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I booked a 3 night mid-week stay from the 17th-20th of august. First two nights were perfect , room nice service excellent , room service the fastest I have seen, perfect location for bunratty , alliwee caves, cliffs of mohar, dolphin discovery , Limerick city a 5 min drive! Ideal! Let down only by the loud hum of the air con outside the rooms, air con in room was poor also but this is all small potatoes considering our third night!

We went down for our inclusive meal , good food great service, we went back to our room for our last night ready to head off to early on Friday morning to make the best of our last day in this part of the country, thus is where our holiday ended , a party that was going on downstairs the music was excessively loud but it was still early so why complain, by 1.30 and after the fire alarm was set off for the second time I decided to ring reception to ask what time this was due to end!! I got ignored and had to ring the hotel off my mobile when amazingly I got through, I asked very nicely what time it was to gobom to and was told 2pm , I was offered another room but declined as it would have taken a lot of time and upheaval , I decided to wait the 30 mins, grrrrrrrr, at 2.40 with the music still at full volume and two further fire alarm problems I tried reception again only yo have the phone slammed down on me also when I rang off my mobile the phone was slammed down . The music eventually stopped at 2.45 .

The next morning I and a few others were making our feelings known at reception , we were offered an apology by a very nice but embarrassed manger , I forget this ladies name but she was obviously not on the night before but walking in to a [--] storm!

We were refunded for our last night , we purposely booked mid week to avoid this kind of stuff and I believe that the hotel was powerless to deal with particular guests and not purposely allowing this to go on, apology accepted and I would consider this hotel again if traveling to this part if the country again!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank BigDynwa
Many thanks for all of your candid comments. Delighted to see the majority of your stay was enjoyable - the last night we did have an issue with the band at the function using a smoke machine, which in turn set off the Fire Alarm. I have passed your comments on to our General Manager - I do hope that you will return the next time you are visiting the area.
If you are, please do let me know.
Director of Sales
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed here for just 1 night. Little break from Dublin city and work.
The hotel was very difficult to find, there are no direction sings. The hotel is located out side the Limerick city, about 10km
After the long drive, we were tired to go eat outside, so we have decided to have dinner in hotel.
Well that was also not a great idea, dinner was nothing special.
The room what we got “Business Class Room” was OK but the bathroom look is very tired and used. However the bed I have to say was very comfortable and large.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Many thanks for your constructive comments - however I would like to address the main points.
The new road network opened the last week in July - the local council will not allow any signage on this new road so I am afraid it is impossible to place them there - we do however offer directions with our telephone bookings and all websites that we feature on have the updated directions also. We can be found on Sat Navs also. The hotel is located 4kms from the city - not 10kms as you have mentioned - perhaps you used a longer route?
I am dissappointed that you did not enjoy your meal or the Business Class Room - did you bring your comments to anyones attention while you were at the hotel as we operate a 100% Guest Satisfaction policy where we ask you to alert us before you leave if you are not happy and we will make it right for you then and there.
I would of course be more than happy to discuss your comments with you should you wish to do so, as we welcome all feedback.
tom.shanahan@radissonblu.com
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

This hotel looks like a barracks. Its had a makeover for the entrance lobby and bar but it can't disguise the motel heritage.

Didn't have dinner here. Bar staff were good for the late evening drinks.

Stayed in the Business class room, resaonable size, but room very tired.
Walls very thin, low humming sound in the room plus children running and shouting around the corridors until 2 in the morning made for a bad night.

Shower very poor, shower head couldn't be raised more than half way, had a shower bending over.

Had the buffet breakfast but of the hot food only the sausages were hot. Cold beans and potato's are not my thing.

Bizzy_TravellerUk has it right, stay somewhere else and avoid here. Why Radisson are happy to tarnish their brand with this dump I dont know.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Very disappointed to read such a review on our hotel.
Can I ask if you availed of the 100% Guest Satisfaction that we offer at all of our hotels - whereby we ask you to bring these issues to the hotels attention prior to leaving so that we can make it right? A lot of these issues are easily solved when we are given the opportunity to fix them.
I would be most open to discussing these issued with you over the phone - should you be willing to explain your comments in more detail so that we can ensure you or any other guests that avail of Tripadvisor are given a true and accurate picture of the hotel and its facilities.
061 456533
tom.shanahan@radissonblu.com
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Accommodation and food excellent. Pool not suitable for adult swimming - too small, no children's pool and pool unsupervised, no children's facilities laid on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanie93
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Stayed here for one night . I found the rates to be very reasonable and the quality and cleanliness of the bedroom was excellent .
The only negative was that after breakafst the following morning the front of the building was covered in empty glasses and ciggarette butts . There did not seem to be anyone trying to clean the front areas .
Found the food quality to excellent

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your short stay with us.
I have spoken with our housekeeping department re the outside of the hotel so we can ensure that this does not occur again.
Mayo Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

A group of ten (8 adults to children) stayed here for two nights from the 2.07.10 to the 4.07.10 as a surprise for my parents on their 60th birthday. Me and wife stayed in 224 which was a perfect room.

This hotel is ideal for

A family reunion
A young family
Weddings
Parties
Looking for a quite weekend away but want to be withing 10mins driving distance of Limerick city

Food was very good on both nights and cant complain
Hotel was very busy with a wedding each evening which gave the place a great atmosphere. Reception staff were very friendly and they all laughed and joked with guests which gave a good impression.

It i was to find faults, the lady working behind the bar on both evenings, she never smiled and had no manners. Get a bit of wall paper paste and stick the edges of the wall paper in the rooms! All of us noticed this and would make a difference if it was done and wont cost a lot.

Would i return yes

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Mayo_Tourist
RadissonLim, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to hear that the hotel suited your requirements. We would pride ourselves on providing a high level of service for all of our guests. We will of course take all of your comments on board. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the coming future.