“Mostly unpleasant stay...”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This stay here was not particularly amazing mostly because:

- not enough towels in the room (2 total) and they were brand-new.....NEVER WASHED. The smell and the feeling was very unpleasant.

- despite the DND sign, the staff banged on my door.

- it was 25c in the room throughout my stay despite the window open. No a/c despite the Radisson name and no fans available.

Very happy to be checking out today!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank yorom

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel some years ago, the rooms have not been redecorated since, but they were clean. The bar food was very disappointing , compounded by very tardy service , and the bar was not busy.
The only saving grace was Eoin on the front desk ,very polite, effecient and hopefully soon to manage the staff in the bar!
By the way, the bedrooms are not air conditioned

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Looneytuams
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a few times in the Radisson Blu Limerick. Most recently in July 2013 for a one night business trip.

On first impressions in the lobby the hotel is modern and well equipped. The rooms are now though desperately in need of modernisation. That being said the hotel is clean and well maintained.

Restaurant and bar is good serving a wide selection of food - especially at breakfast. The main bar also has some outside space which is great if the weather is sunny.

Tv channels are limited, and the reception is poor in every room I've stayed in.

A good central location hotel, but not great for Radisson standards.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Magb1980
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and teenage son for a weekend from 5th to 7th July. We were in Limerick to attend the All-Ireland Under 14 Hurling/Camogie and Handball Feile. The hotel is a liitle bit further out than we would have liked. It is only a 5 minute drive from the centre of the city but it is a little too far to walk. A taxi into the city costs 12 euros. There are nice grounds to the front of the hotel and it gives you the feeling of being in the country.
The room we were given was very spacious with more than enough room for the three of us - it had a king bed and a pull-out sofa bed. The room was well-maintained: there were plenty of towels and toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, a room safe and a mini bar (which we didn't use).
We didn't use the facilities of the hotel much as we were at the Feile most of the time. We did return each evening to the hotel and had a few drinks in the bar. The bar was very lively both nights, particularly on the Friday night because there was a wedding in the hotel. We had some food on the Friday night in the bar but weren't very impressed. The pizzas were particularly bad.
The staff were very friendly and pleasant.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for a 2 night weekend deal including dinner. Hotel lobby and bar are nice and lovely staff on reception. Good location for touring clare and surrounding areas as very near motorway and has ample parking. Hotel offers very good value as a 3 star but currently has a 4 star ranking. It couldn't be compared to other Radisson Blu hotels in Ireland like Farnham Estate which is another 4 star. They are a very different standard. Bedroom was dusty and hadn't been hoovered, walked into chocolate in the centre of the room on the way in from previous guest. Breakfast was good, dinner really wasn't - go for hotel deal with b & b. The dinner is not worth the extra on the room rate. Dinner included on deal is very limited menu and isn't good quality - if I was coming again I would definitely order off normal menu. Decent hotel and standard if it was graded a little lower, better to know what to expect. Spa is nice but lacks the touches given in other hotels in the group like robes and slippers.

Room Tip: Ask for room over looking green area
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here last night. We wanted to stay in a hotel with a spa as we wanted to relax and unwind. I phoned on the day and spoke with Stacey. She was very pleasant and offered us a double room with breakfast and evening meal for €145 inclusive which I thought was very reasonable.

Upon checking in, we were treated to a complimentary coffee in the lobby. I was impressed with this. The receptionists were friendly and helpful Our room was spacious and the double bed was very large. The hairdryer was located in the bathroom which I felt was appropriate, but it was small and compact and I had to keep a finger on the button at all times whilst drying my hair which wasn't the most convenient for me trying to style my hair the way I wanted to.

Shortly after arrival, we went to check out the spa. I booked a treatment but my partner only wanted to use the thermal suite. I mentioned to the Spa Receptionist that there wasn't any bathropes or slippers in our room and I was informed that they were only provided at the Spa if you were having a treatment and that we would have to change in the changing rooms next to the pool. I didn't like this at all. I would have much preferred to change in the comfort of our room. We returned to our room and emptied out one of our luggage bags to pack our swimming suits, hairbrush etc. We returned to the spa and we were both given towels and I was given a bathrobe and slippers as I was having a treatment I went to the ladies changing room and my partner went to the mens Whilst changing,I realised that I had my partner's swimming togs in the bag.

The Thermal Suite was nice. I loved the outdoor jacuzzi and my partner loved the steam room. I would have loved to share the tropical shower with my partner, but the water from the shower was cold and there didn't seem to be anything tropical about it, eg no aroma.

The Treatment Room and the Relaxation Room were gorgeous. I had booked a Massage. On arrival for my treatment, I was escorted into the Relaxation Room and given a lovely cool glass of water while I waited for my therapist. The treatment itself was above average but her strokes lacked variation and it seemed too short. On completion, I was was escorted back into the Relaxation Room and was given a lovely glass of apple juice and a small bowl of fruit. I could have stayed in the Relaxation Room all day, it was the best I've experienced and as I trained Massage Therapist, my standards are high. One leaving the Spa area, I was asked to return the bathrobe and slippers there and then even though I was wearing them. I refused stating I wanted to change in my room and the guy on the desk let me off.

The Dinning Room was very busy when we arrived for dinner at 8. The Waiting Staff were efficient and friendly. The food was good, we both had fish.

We went to the Bar for drinks after dinner. I was hoping for some live entertainment but there wasn't which I thought was unusual for a Saturday Night.

There wasn't any Air Conditioning in the bedroom and we had to leave the window open all night. Also there was only enough towels in the bathroom for one person to have a shower.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay However, the hotel has a air of 'lack of funds' about it. The communal areas are in need of a fresh coat of paint and some of the carpets are badly stained and could do with replacing. The Staff however are very friendly, efficient and helpful. They would appear to be keeping the hotel going.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently during the Schoolboy Tournament which took place in Limerick University and we were very well looked after from check in to check out so no complaints Rooms well maintained and Bathroom well stocked with all necessary stuff .Breakfast was a Buffet where you can eat as much as you want but this way of serving Brekkie is not for me I prefer traditional way of taking your order at the Table and it being delivered from the Kitchen freshly cooked not sitting there for Hours I had Lunch there one Day and once more same scenario as Breakfast eat as much as you want but once again Quality suffers with the exception of the Beef which was fantastic I did not avail of the Leisure facilities but heard very good reports from my friend who usedthem This Hotel needs money spending on it to freshen things up but overall things were fine Great location if flying out of Shannon Regards Denis mc Grath

• Stayed: June 2013
Alan T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your review, your kind comments are greatly appreciated by all the team here ' the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick. Such feedback is very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,