My family and I stayed here for three nights and felt it was a great choice for a base to stay in the area. the grounds, lobby and common areas are nicely decorated and seem to be kept up well. Check-in was efficient and the desk staff were friendly and helpful with questions. Our room (one double and one twin bed) was actually a bit larger than I'd expected, certainly adequate for the three of us. Beds were comfortable, not quite as luxurious as Hyatt or Embassy Suites beds but we all slept just fine. The window does open a bit which was appreciated, better to get some fresh air than just recycled HVAC air. An tea service including an electric kettle was included, also a pants press and in-room safe. (Too bad it didn't have a refrigerator or minibar.) Bathroom was clean, shower had plenty of hot water and decent pressure. The only quibble is the room still had an old cathode ray tube TV, I would've expected a fair sized flatscreen. However as we weren't there to watch TV it wasn't a deal breaker by any means.
Ate once in the hotel restaurant, food was good, though overpriced like most hotel restaurants. We didn't have a chance to try any of the leisure facilities, though.
The property is outside the city a bit, which wasn't an issue for us based on our schedules. There are restaurants, shops, etc. just a few minutes' drive away. Though if you want to be in the heart of town or have things right within walking distance, this wouldn't be an ideal spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Limerick is located on the borders of Limerick City and County Clare in Ireland's Shannon Region. The hotel has undergone an exciting redevelopment in 2015 with newly upgraded bedrooms, public areas and conferencing facilities. This 4 star hotel offers luxury accommodation, complimentary car parking, extensive parkland grounds and gardens, Porter's Restaurant, Quench bar, cocktail bar, leisure facilities & Rain Spa & Wellness Clinic. The hotel is the ideal location for exploring the West of Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way, just a short 5 minute drive to Limerick City Centre, King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Rugby Stadium. This region offers a thriving nightlife, a host of excellent restaurants and shops, world famous golf links and parkland courses and the country's most stunning visitor attractions, including The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.Just a 5 minute drive from Limerick City and 10 minutes from Shannon Airport, the hotel is the ideal base for both the Corporate and the Leisure Guest. All spacious guest-rooms include coffee/tea making facilities, luxury beds, reading chair & lamps, flat screen TV, personal coded safe, trouser press and complimentary WI-FI access, spacious bathrooms include power shower with hand held shower massage, sink/vanity, hair dryer and loudspeakers from TV/Radio system. The conference and meeting facilities at the hotel is one of the largest in the Limerick and Shannon region. The venue space, free car parking along with the proximity to Shannon airport and national motorway routes makes the hotel the perfect business venue. Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, offers the perfect opportunity to rejuvenate mind, body & soul. This facility includes 9 treatment rooms, a thermal suite, outdoor hot tub, relaxation suite, wet treatment rooms and state of the art Leisure Club. All residents receive complimentary access to the Thermal Suite and Outdoor Hot Tub at Rain Leisure and a 15% discount off treatments at Rain Spa. The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick is a family friendly hotel. The outdoor play area, swimming pool and gardens along with so many local family attractions make the hotel an ideal destination or touring base ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Limerick
- Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Limerick
- Limerick Radisson