“Good pool/thermal suite”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
IRELAND
“Good pool/thermal suite”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have to say I was disappointed with this hotel. Usually Radissons are great hotels. I get the feeling Limerick is the poor, forgotten relation.
Being positive, their gym/pool/spa is really lovely. Well the gym could do with a few more tvs maybe. I loved the pool/thermal suite and they have great changing rooms. (Hairdryer being much better than the one in the rooms!)
Breakfast was also great-But I expect that at a Radisson hotel. Great choice of everything.
So onto the negative. The room. There was only half a window! The wall was covered by a curtain?! The net was ripped. The tv was old style. There weren't very many toiletries. It was very tired looking, in need of a freshen up. Our room was beside the door which constantly banged from 8am onwards.
The distance. Its a good 10 minute drive from Limerick city centre. Around €10 taxi fare.
We chose to stay here from all the other hotels in Limerick and we were very sorry we did.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor in relation to your stay with us @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick. Such feedback is very important to us to help us maintain the excellent standard we are renowned for.We are disapointed that you did not totally enjoy your experience with us and if you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com and I would be delighted to take any further comments on board.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The the Hotel is lovely, very modern and warm and welcoming.

The staff are very polite and helpful. The room was Excellent lovely Big room with a sofa, double bed, TV, free Wi-Fi very clean and warm and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was excellent, choice of Breakfast cereals, Homemade muffins scones ect Full irish, cold meats and fresh breads, fruit, ect something for everyone.

The spa and wellness centre was fabulous, swimming pool, sauna,Jacuazzi outdoors, Hairdressers, spa treamanets,

Ideal for a relaxing weekend :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynette,

The team here @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick would like to thank you for your lovely review, such positive comments gives us a great sense of job satisfaction. It was our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Clonmel
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a Monday night for my boyfriend's birthday.....what a miserable hotel it is. very shabby and definitely NOT worthy of its four star rating. the staff were rude and very unaccommodating.we decided to go down to the bar at 10o'clock and lo behold the bar closes at 8.30pm.....ridiculous! the man at reception nearly keeled over when i asked him for an irish coffee...he told us he could get us 'normal' drinks like a vodka or a G&T....obviously because he couldn't make an irish coffee himself. the thermostat was broken in our room so our room felt like a pressure cooker all night. the breakfast was good (i'll give them that) and the bedroom was very clean and neat. the bathroom was very small and the bath itself doubled as the shower. We did not bring our own swimming caps and were promptly charged 2 euros each for a cap. the swimming pool itself is very small, the windows and walls very dirty and stained....not a very pleasant sight when you are lazing about in the pool. the lanconium and the steam room both smelled of stale urine. The outdoor hot tub was lovely however.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Out of all of the staff members we encountered, only one of them was friendly and pleasant (which was the man at reception who checked us out , he asked us if every thing was alright for us and of course we hadn't the heart to say it was not!). If only i had read the other reviews of this hotel before we booked our night away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maeve,

Thanking you for your recent review on tripadvisor in relation to your recent stay with us @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick. Please accept our sincere apologies as it is obvious from your review that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am bemused about your comment in relation to the bar been closed at 08.30pm, our main bar Quench is opened to midnight every week night and even serves food to 09.30pm.Feel free to contact me @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com or via phone @ 061-456200 and I would be delighted to discuss the matter with you.

birmingham
Reviewed February 25, 2013

had a one night stop over in limerick and this was my first choice
great service , the rooms are huge with all mod cons. free high speed Wi-Fi
the staff are brilliant and really helpful.

the food is amazing,especially the breakfast !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank phil a
Thanking you for the lovely review, it was our pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,

From all The team @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night for my anniversary with my partner. The room was nice and clean. After checking in we went about doing some touristy things. Once back in the hotel we tried making reservations for dinner in the hotel restaurant. We were told at 5 o'clock that they were totally booked out and we could eat in the bar. This was fine by us but when we got downstairs we seen the pathetic excuse of a bar. It was tiny with barely any place to sit. After circling tables like vultures for 30 mins we finally managed to get a sit. We both ate what was the most bland food I've ever eaten. Might as well have been cardboard. To make it worst while we were sitting down for the max 30 mins we were there about 7 r 8 families with kids and babies had built up all yet again just trying to eat. We felt so guilty taking the seat that we didn't even bother finishing our mains and just left so the families could sit down. This is an utter disgrace for a hotel that encourages children to stay. To make it worse on the way back to the room we got to walk past the restaurant that was half empty with sections just closed off for no reason. It's important to note the reason we didn't just eat in our room is because they charge an additional €3 per plate for room service meaning we would have paid an additional €12 without and drinks !! Sort this out Radisson it's an outrage and you've put me right off ever staying in a radisson hotel again !!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Alan0411
Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for your recent review in relation to your stay with us @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick. We deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay which is evident by your review. I persume you stayed with us during a weekend night as the the first quarter of this year our weekend trade has been immense and we have been full most Saturday nights. Our Restaurant & Bar food trade has thankfully been very busy and we even have guest's dining from our bar food menu in the lobby area which is quite spacious.

In relation to your commnent about the €3 charge per plate, you are totally incorrect. It is actually €3 per tray and this is clearly printed on the room service menu and breakfast card menu.

Please feel free to contact me directly @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com or via phone @ 061-456200 and I would be delighted to discuss your review with you.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were very disappointed with this hotel, and it was way below Radisson standard in our opinion. The interior was very shabby and in great need to maintenance and updating. The thermostat in our bedroom was broken, so the room was like an oven all night even with window open for hours. Bathroom had grime, a hole in the side of the bath, and poor Attention to detail.

I certainly would not give this the 4 star rating that it holds

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rcotterphoto
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review. Please accept our sincere apologies as it is evident that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently doing a refurbishment of our rooms and the plan is in place to freshen up the Hotel exterior and public areas as well.

Feel free to contact me directly @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com or @ 061-456200 and I would be delighted to discuss the concerns you raised with you.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Myself and a friend went to the Spa on a day package, I had a therapist called Sarah who was top class. As a spa therapist myself having worked in 5* hotel spas I was extremely impressed by both my therapist and the spa.
My treatments were divine and my therapist took on board what I had said in my consultation and adapted to the treatment to my needs and then let me pick her brains and answered all questions and concerns I had. Although I didn't move to their facial product range (elmis) I have since started my boyfriend on them and purchase all his products from this Spa. Before our treatments we used the facilities which were all very clean and well maintained and an absolutely brilliant start to out girls day, the out door hot tub is a must. Afterwards we chilled out in the relaxation room with juice and fruit before heading to the bar for a meal fully covered by the lunch voucher included in our package.
I will definitely be returning to the spa in the near future and requesting the same therapist. Could not recommend it highly enough, its clean efficient, has great staff and is great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kelly,

A sincere thanks for your glowing 5 star review. It was our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. The team @ the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick are extremley proud of our Rain Spa and we are so fortunate to have an excellent group of professionals working there.

Best Regards,