“Perfect stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the minute we walked in great service at reception by the nice man. Very relaxed,helpful and weren't rushed. Great room great price. It was clean ,had extra towels and pillows. Quiet nit noisy at all. Bar very old style relaxed. Music could be better but that's not a big deal just change cd. Over all I would go back plus great valentines offers.

• Stayed: February 2013
Alan T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. The team here @ the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick are delighted you enjoyed your Valentine Weekend stay with us which thankfully proved to be a very succesful package and we received very good feeedback such as yours in relation to this offer.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having arrived at the hotel last Saturday at 2.30 we were told that our room wasn't ready and that check in was 3pm.This was completely fine as we were early.We decided to go for a quick drink in the bar till our room was ready however come 3.20 their was still no sign of our room been ready so i went out to the receptionist and asked her nicely does she know will our room be ready soon.She made a call up to house keeping in which she got no answer and then told me it should only be another 10 or 15minutes.So i went back to the bar told my partner and we waited come3.50 still no sigh of anyone coming near us.Both of us were tired of sitting around waiting so we decided to go wait in the lobby thinking it might speed things up.After a few moments i heard a man at the reception speaking to house keeping on the phone and he was mentioning that there were still people waiting to check in.House Keeping didnt seem to know anything about this i then over heard him mention it to the receptionist checking us in,her reply was i rang them once but i didn't get an answer.This is such bad customer services skills.I was so annoyed heading up to my room as when i got to the corridor our room was at the very end and house keeping were at the top rooms so i reckon our room was ready when we got there all along but due to lack of caring by the receptionist we were left waiting for an hour and a half to check in.On a good note i thought the bar had a nice atmosphere bar food was nice and reasonable priced. Breakfast the next morning was lovely even tho we hit it at a busy time 10am there was.No beans,Mushrooms left which was a bit disappointing as i am a vegetarian. However i did note they were filled back up as i was finished my brecfast. So i put it down to bad timing on my behalf.Out door hot tube was lovely as is other spa facilities.I had An elemis Deep tissue massage on the Sunday morning and as an elemis trained spa therapist myself the girl who did my treatment was spot on lovely girl(Christine)i think was her name.

Room Tip: Try get a business class room as i was in a standard room and it was basic enough.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KFARkilkenny

Thanking you for your recent review about your stay with us @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa Limerick. I was delighted to read that overall you did seem to enjoy your stay with us as mentioned through your comments about Breakfast our ever popular Rain Spa. Please accept my apologies in relation to your disatisfaction about your check in experience. I have no doubt that it was a very busy afternoon with departures & check ins and I persume the girl checking you in was probadly under pressure at the time especially if it was a Saturday afternoon as 2 to 4pm is normally a very busy period. Feel free to contact me @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com and I would be delighted to discuss the matter with you.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for one night... Arrived into a lovely reception area,so had high hopes for the rest of the hotel. But on the way to the rooms was very disappointed halls smelled of smoke ,carpet and wallpaper, all doors are very grubby.. The rooms are OK but not a 4 star standard, went down for dinner i couldn't eat my main course it had a funny taste,starter wasn't much better.breakfast was poor aswell no fried eggs,I'm not a very fussy person at all,and I never complain or write reviews, but I just think this hotel needs to make improvements or put down there star rating..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rosemarie c

Thank you for your review in relation to your stay with us @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick. I profoundly apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us which I can guarantee that such is not the norm here. I am very dissapointed to read your comments as we do stive to make every guest's stay with us an enjoyable & memorable one. I would love to be able to get the opportunity to discuss the matter with you so please feel free to contact me @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com or alternatively phone me @ 061 - 456200.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good Points
- Breakfast was very impressive...lots of choice
- Bar food was very good value, big portions and nice fresh veg.
- Spa area was very nice, outdoor hot tub made all the more enjoyable by the cold weather. Free apples were a nice touch too, as was the gym
- Service was prompt when we had an issue with the heating
- Showers were powerful and warm

Bad Points
- The room was freezing when we arrived. We called maintenance and they told us that the room was starting to heat up as the heating only turns on @ 5pm but if we needed they could supply an additional heater. We admitted defeat after 2 hours of shivering, to which they promptly delivered the heater to our room. In fairness it heated the room pretty quickly and we left it on all night. But as it was an electric heater, it made sleeping quite uncomfortable and I woke up with dry eyes.
- Some carpets in the corridors slightly lifting
- Again issues with cold in the reception. We like to sit and have a drink in hotel receptions but it wasn't warm enough to do so.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I note your stay with us was very positive but please accept my apologies about the concerns raised in relation to the heating issues. We obvisouly had a heating circulation problem at the time of your stay which is a rare occurrence for us at The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and if you are ever in the Mid West area in the future please feel free to contact me @ alan.troy@radissonblu.com and I will organize your booking for you and I will guarantee you an enjoyable & warm stay.

General manager.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited the hotel recently for an overnight with my wife.We were originally bringing the kids but then decided against it. We cancelled the family room and the hotel upgraded us to a business room which had a few extra frills which were very nice .The staff were so nice and the accomadation was very comfortable .The outdoor hot tub was a lovely addition since my last visit to the hotel. Breakfast was missing a few item and the eggs had been sitting around a while but as soon as i mentioned fresh food, they replemished them immediately with fresh items.They were so accommadating. Even when we were checking out on the sunday,Eoin on reception offered us tickets to go too the rugby match that day when munster were playing racing metro. We weren't able to avail of this but well done to the hotel having professionalism in staff like Eoin and he was just so friendly. Would certainly recommend a visit to the hotel . Well done.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review after your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future. Eoin is delighted that you mentioned him in your review for his professionalism.

Sincere Best Wishes.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I book this hotel last minute and have to say was very happy with my stay ,Room was really nice and staff very helpful
I used the gym and again this area was lovely and I had my dinner in the bar again this was very reasonable and enjoyable

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alan T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Sincere thanks for your lovely 5 star review. The team here @ The Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick are delighted to receive such positive feedback from your recent stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back when you are in the region again.

Kind Regards,

Alan Troy, General Manager.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Having stayed here several times now when visiting our son who is in college Limerick, I would have to stay that this hotel is excellent. We got excellent value with room and breakfast included. The room and food on each occasion were excellent. We also ate in the bar and the food was A1. The friendliness and helpful nature of all the staff should also be commended, on our most recent stay, we arrived late after a long trip, and when we asked for milk to make tea in our room(late night) we were also presented with complimentary biscuits, a small touch but very much appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kathleen,

Just a short note to thank you for your recent positive review. It is our pleasure @ the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa, Limerick to look after you when you are visiting the Mid West region. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you here again.

Best Wishes,

Alan Troy, General Manager.